“Been there twice - can be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rustica

Rustica
Ranked #8 of 8 Restaurants in Trincity
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
United Kingdom
“Been there twice - can be better”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I went there earlier in the year, and again recently. The first time, we ordered fried calamari as appetiser which was very good. I also had a pasta which was ok. Service then was alright, but food did take long to come. The second time, we ordered some seafood appetiser which came with some pastry that was really really weird - we had no idea what that was! For mains I got a chicken pizza which was good. It is a lot of food, so expect to take some home. Service is usually hit and miss, so I would say average this time. Pricey although you could get lucky with their menu deals for lunch!

• Visited April 2014

Trinidad
“If only the service can improve! There's so much potential for a restaurant with such a prime location!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We visited Rustica just after the lunch rush at 1:15pm. A bad introduction as there was no hostess at the door to meet, greet & seat guests.

We stood at the entrance waiting to be seated for quite a while. Despite several waitresses serving in and traversing the dining room, none of them looked up or acknowledged our presence. We eventually signalled to someone passing at the end of the corridor next to the oven who came over to seat us.

About 5 of the tables in the restaurant were occupied and most patrons already had their meals in front of them. Despite this, it took quite a while for a server to attend to us to take our drinks order. By the time she did arrive, we had already perused the menu and made our choices so our initial request ended up including our food selection too.

The drinks took a while to arrive. We ordered 2 pizzas to share and a crispy crab cake starter. We ordered a Shrimp Alfredo and ‘The Works’ pizzas. We request Pineapple as an extra ingredient for The Works.

We said it several times to the waitress before she left the table so we were rather annoyed when the pizza arrived without any sign of pineapple on it! However, ‘With Pineapple Extra’ appeared clearly on the final bill as a clear line item!

There was nothing special about The Works pizza. It was pretty dry and bland. We loved the Shrimp Alfredo pizza … unique and quite tasty! The crab cake was nice, though the waitress could not describe the dish accurately. The menu stated that it came on a bed a dasheen leaves and the waitress explained that it was actually a dry callaloo but it was neither when it arrived.

When our food was delivered to the table my husband ordered a beer. He had to remind her halfway through the meal about the beer as she forgot it. By the time it came, the meal was finished!

It’s the second time we’ve eaten here. Rustica could be an enjoyable and popular place to dine with a few basic improvements. The food is not spectacular by any means; at least it is edible and there are some offerings that sets it apart from other restaurants in the area. It is generally pricier though than the competition. And the service is just plain poor. We hope that management heeds this review and that our next experience will be a better one.

• Visited May 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
“I was totally satisfied.”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had read the reviews so I thought is was risky to try, but there are not many good options around, so I decided to try Rustica. It was a good choice, service was prompt, the meal was satisfying and delicious. I had the Chilli Teriyaki Chicken and I liked a lot. Downside: there was no soup, so I had no other option than salad.

Beware: the reason for the good service might be that I went there at 5 pm, so there were no other tables to tend to. Anyway, I'd reccomend it at anytime.

• Visited April 2014
chaguanas
“ok place, but should be much better”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

i think based on its location, the service should be much better. I visited the place a while ago and the service was kinda poor, the food took a while to arrive and there were only two other people there so im confused why the service was so slow. i wanted a potato dish and the waiter said there wasnt any so i had to substitute. the alfredo dish was ok. I may give it another try in the distant future.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“How is this restaurant still open?”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

When this restaurant first opened it was a pleasant dining experience as it served food that was well prepared and had friendly wait staff that was well informed about the menu. A few short years and a decor change later and this place is to be avoided. I hardly know where to begin. The service is poor - from the waiter that criticised the food in the restaurant to the waitress who ignored our order and brought us the drinks that she liked. The food was overcooked and everything had the same flavour! We had to ask for cutlery, the floor of the toilet was wet. Just avoid this place if you can.

• Visited June 2013