“Decent place to eat & lime”

Bootleggers Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Trincity
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Let's start from the bottom: I don't know how to categorize this place, but it's not a restaurant for sure. So you definitely should not expect a service appropriate for a restaurant. Here you'll find a big pub where you can have steaks, chicken and so on. Since there's no Mongolian Grill, Bootlegger is one of the most competitive and affordable places to eat & lime inside (well, technically is not inside) Trincity Mall.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great vibe, good food, nice choice for liming......typical, pub style food but more of a club type atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

My first trip back to Trinidad after some time . I remembered Bootleggers and was told that it had relocated and was much nicer. I was excited to check it out and take my friends after shopping in the mall .... big mistake.

First service sucked I don't know if restaurant staff thinks that making guests wait to be seated, then wait to order, than wait for drinks then wait for food is going to make the guest stay longer well then think again. Perhaps it is a strategy to make the place look busy ...I don't know but only because we were hungry we stayed but best we had left because the food was terrible, and we had to get something else to eat after we left.

1  Thank Samir A
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Went for lunch with friends and was faced with a waitress with a poor attitude. After placing our order, we had to wait over half an hour for cold food which was burnt and tasted smokey. The waitress neglected to put in our order for an appetizer and brought an incorrect order. After this was pointed out, it was corrected but the plate was not changed and as a result, the plate had bits of the first order on it and the edges were smudged with the sauce of the previous dish where they had simply slid it off and not bothered to clean it. We had to wait 15 mins for the waitress to return to the table after requesting the bill. When my friend quietly expressed her disappointment with the state of the food (not even the poor service) the waitress rudely turned away and started clearing dishes from the table next to us. We were very disappointed overall and will not be returning, nor would we recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Anyanka19
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I've dined at bootleggers on many occasions but just twice since their relocation. I love the decor & the ambiance is great. Ideal for an after work lime or a good meal with friends.