“Shuttle is Great”

Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trincity
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We arrived at the POS airport on a late flight from Houston, TX to find the complimentary airport shuttle waiting which was so nice at 11PM. It was explained to me that the shuttle picks up from the airport every hour on the hour so our flight arrived at a good time for pickup and we did not have to wait.

Checked into our room for one night. Bed was comfortable and A/C was cold.

Breakfast was included with our rate so we were pleasantly surprised to find eggs, bacon and sausage offered as well. Caught the free shuttle back to the airport for our flight to Tobago around noon. We enjoyed our short stay and loved the proximity to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarleeGalveston
Cherry Anne J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Ms Galveston,

Thank you for the kind review.

We are truly happy to hear you utilized our complimentary services and that your experience with us was an enjoyable one.

Hope to see you again really soon!

C.James
Operations Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I booked this hotel to be close to the airport for an early flight, so that I could get a good night's sleep. The fact that there is no food or drink other than poorly stocked vending on-site means that the nearest options are a 10 minute drive away by hourly shuttle - not convenient.

Nothing to do=go to bed early. However, I was soon woken by the aircon coming on and blowing loudly in the middle of the night. I am an electrician and computer engineer and it took me a while to work out how to shut it off. By then, the traffic screaming down the nearby highway was obviously audible, and as I tried to doze off again, late arriving or early departing guests banging doors and moving furniture kept me alert. SInce the rooms are largely carpeted, I commend my upstairs neighbour for finding a way of scraping furniture noisily accross the floor several times. FInally, if I was able to grab a last few minutes' sleep, gospel radio started playing from next door, just to cheer me up.

My worse night's sleep in Trinidad. Next time I stay at the other end of the island and get up early to travel to the airport.

Having said that, the rooms are nice, well furnished and clean, beds are comfortable and bathrooms function well. Staff are friendly, it IS close to the airport and the shuttle is free.

Room Tip: As far from the jhighway as possible and turn off the aircon before you go to sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear MMTMRome

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We appreciate your compliments regarding our rooms and staff.

I am truly sorry to hear that your stay was negatively affected by the noise from the air conditioning system and from the highway. I sincerely apologize for this situation has kept you awake for the night you have been with us. For this reason, I assure you that your feedback will be reviewed and will make sure that we address these points.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Dhan M

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed twice before, first time in 2010 & will stay again. Location ok from airport when having connecting flights. Staff friendly & helpful. Shuttle was late picking me up despite booking a specified time but traffic is to be blamed. I travel around a lot and regularly use Holiday Inn in different countries but breakfast is very basic & poor quality for this hotel. The scrambled eggs with tinned sausages is awful!!!! This needs to be improved. A bit overpriced though. Overall on a good note I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank MarlaUK
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear MarlaUK,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am so pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff and the fine location of our hotel. I would like to apologize our Airport Shuttle service was not able to pick you on time and I am sorry you were not satisfied with our breakfast options. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Pluses: Location, rooms are large and comfortable
Minuses: No restaurant or bar (other than breakfast), no commissary to buy some food or supplies.

While the hotel has a scheduled shuttle run to the nearby mall, if you arrive late or simply don't want to go out after a long work day, a commissary to buy food and cook in the microwave in the room or even in the breakfast room.

Rooms were clean and comfortable, and the TV has loads of channels to watch. I will go back, but will pick up food in the airport (Subway, Fried Chicken, etc.) and take back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the thirds floor do not have access to the wireless, only the wired internet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ray2k
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Ray2k,

Thank you for your review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback which can only serve to make us better.

Joel B

Reviewed 16 April 2013

THis is my first visit to your hotel i will be coming in July and i saw all your photos and I read all the review and I still would love to stay at your hotel i am coming from texas and I will be happy to stay at your hotel

Room Tip: Listen enjoy where you stay i know the trip is long on the plane but relax and be nice to everyone a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nancy56193
Cherry Anne J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Nancy,
We would like to warmly welcome you to the Holiday Inn Express, Trincity and by extension our beautiful country. If there is anything we can do to help you plan your trip, please contact us directly at holidayinnexpress1@tstt.net.tt.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Staff seemed more interested in talking to each other than with the guests. Rooms were clean and basic but there is no fridge.
Bathrooms are very small, but housekeeping is very good. It is nearest to the biggest mall in the island. Breakfast is basic, but tasty. However, there are other places around if you need breakfast after 8am. I filled out a feedback form, requesting a follow-up call, but didn't get one. For families, the pool is not the nicest. As mentioned, everything is pretty basic at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Veoma,
Thank you for taking the opportunity to document your experience regarding your stay. Although we note that we were not able to satisfy you 100% on this stay, we thank you for noting the areas that impacted positively.
We strive to make every guest stay a satisfying one, and thank you for choosing the Brand. We warmly welcome you back on your next visit to Trinidad and look forward to serving you again.

Regards

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Holiday Inn express is a great place to stay for overnights or even longer. Close to the airport and the huge mall. Complimentary shuttle to/from the mall and the airport. Continental breakfast was good. Room was clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly. I recommend this hotel for all your stays especially your overnights!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sirs,

We at the Holiday Inn Express Trinidad wish to extend a heartfelt thank you for the comments expressed about your recent stay with us. It is comments like yours which continues to motivate us in providing great service our guest love. We are pleased to know that your experience with us was wonderful for you and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

On this note I would like to invite you to contact us if you have any further comments which could assist us in our contiued growth.

Regards,

CA James

Also consider these accommodations in or near Trincity
Hyatt Regency Trinidad
#5 of 21 in Port of Spain
Kapok Hotel
Kapok Hotel
#6 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport? Share your experiences!