“VERY FRIENDLY STAFF”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was our second visit to "Jamps" on our first visit we really enjoyed ourselves, so we decided to go this Saturday for my wife's birthday,we went with friend's and family, I honestly can't understand the reviews saying that the staff are rude and unfriendly, we all had an excellent meal, and the service was exemplary, yes it is a bit pricey, but it is worth every penny.
A special thank you for Tom, who looked after us and made our night enjoyable, will be visiting again.

3  Thank JUWILL-2
There are newer reviews for Jamps

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Worst restaurant I have been to in a while. The food was fine, the service was terrible. Rude staff, over priced food/wine, poor menu. It seems like this place has spent a lot of money on the decor to make it look like the inside of a coffin, and paid less attention to the attributes that actually make people want to come back. I expected more from a restaurant in tickhill, land of the 'ten bob' millionaire m. Avoid.

4  Thank James G
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were out celebrating a 50th birthday, never been before, never again!!!

My starter was lovely and I was really enjoying the experience but I have never come across such rude service in all my life!

They started pulling the table cloths up while we were still drinking, so then we said we better have the bill seen as they're trying to get rid of us. Then, when we had received the bill, we had literally had it 2 minutes, counting it out in our large group and the waitress was hovering over us, she then said 'I'll count it out' rather rudely so we then took back our large tip. Then she took out her pen and leant over the table and swiped every single note, when a member of our group suggested that it might be less insulting to the customer to check the notes away from the table, she argued back rather rudely! So another member of out group bit the coins for her so she knew they weren't chocolate ;-)

Please don't go there! Expensive, which I don't mind paying for good food, but that has to include good service, which Jamps doesn't include. Really disappointed because there are a lot of restaurants in the Doncaster area which we love but I decided to book a change, due to it being a 50th birthday and I am really sorry to all the members of my group that I made this bad decision!!

5  Thank m12-c4
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This delightfully small Chinese restaurant is full of character and atmosphere.
The decor is authentic and the music a blend of Kenny G and Lionel Richie.
The choice and quality of food is exquisite and the staff friendly and helpful.
Our daughter's birthday party was a great success. Thank you.
Dr Peter Richadrdson.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The service and food here were really good on our visit on bank holiday weekend.
We were seated quickly and our order taken. The food when it arrived was great and really hot. We were a bit disappointed with the sizzling king prawn main, as it was nowhere near sizzling when it arrived - but still tated good.
This isn't the cheapest restaurant around, but you don't expect it to be, but the quality of the the food, the standard of table furniture and service make it worth it.