“couldn't have asked for more!”
Review of Two Acres

Two Acres
Two Acres
Ranked #4 of 5 Levens B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife & I very much needed a break and we booked two nights at Two Acres B&B. From the minute we were met by the owner (Stuart) we were treated with warmth and enthusiasm.
The house is a lovely true bungalow, done to a high spec' throughout.
All the rooms were clean and inviting and the service was top notch from start to finish.
Thanks for your valuable advice and service Stuart, we loved every minute.

Room Tip: only one room with en-suite, the other two rooms share a bath and shower room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at Two Acres for one night when I was on a business trip. The room was very clean and spacious and I had a nice view of the chicken coop and some rabbits running around.
I received an outstanding level of service during my stay, I ate at the Strickland arms and because I was travelling alone without a car Stewart kindly dropped me at the pub and made sure I was taken care of and brought home once I'd eaten. I felt like a VIP!
A great night's sleep and delicious breakfast.
Just wonderful, would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Thank dedbriks .
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here last weekend so we could visit the Holker Festival. From the time of our arrival Stuart was very welcoming. He offered us refreshment and sat and chatted to us whilst we drank our coffee. My husband bonded with him, both having a passion for cars. We were asked what we wanted for breakfast, and when it arrived the next morning we weren't disappointed. It was hot and delicious and fresh fruit made a nice change to cereal. 'Shoes off' was not a problem, I would expect visitors to our home to remove their shoes if I had new cream carpets. We stayed in the en-suite room which was very spacious and comfortable and wonderfully clean with lovely views of the orchard and countryside. We are a little worried if this little gem becomes too popular we won't be able to get in next time. Will definitely recommend this B & B to a select group of our friends who will appreciate it as much as we did. Thanks Stuart.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was a lovely trip and Stuart was so helpful. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Good breakfast and he offered us a drink as we arrived which was a nice touch. The only area i would say needs attention is the shower as it took both myself and my partner to work out how to use it. Maybe a little information booklet in the room would help. However i would stay again the place was lovely.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for one night with my friend who was over from the US and would recommend it to others wanting to explore Kendal, Windermere etc.
Stuart the owner was extremely helpful and knowledgable about the local area which is always handy.
A brew on arrival is always welcome!
Great breakfast and fantastic night's sleep.
He even picked us up from the pub despite us being the last ones in there - what a gent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The host was pleasant and helpful, and my room was very clean and attractive with a very comfortable king size bed, and the en-suite shower room also very clean and modern, but almost impossible to switch the water on as the lever was so stiff. However, it is a "shoes off" house, all shoes have to be left in the porch, which I wasn't very happy about - understandable if they're dirty walking boots, but not so good if they're just normal outdoor shoes. Take slippers, otherwise it's socks or bare feet! I was rather disappointed with the breakfasts, no menu to say what's available, you just tell the host what you want the night before, and no choice about white or brown toast - just white! I was also annoyed that he couldn't take debit or credit cards, so I had to go to a bank to draw out the cash to pay for my 3 night stay!

Room Tip: The en-suite King Size room has nice views of countryside, but with the window open you can hear the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Lakeslover2014
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at Two Acres last weekend for a birthday treat- and we are really glad we found it. It is a gorgeous little hidden gem, situated in the countryside on the doorstep of Sizergh Castle, only 5 minutes drive from Kendal. The accomodation was beautifully presented and the host was a genuine, friendly guy, going out of his way to make sure we had a great time. We will definately stay here again, and recommend it to evryone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com