“Unforgettable Molinatto...”

Ostello Residenza Molinatto
Mexico City, Mexico
“Unforgettable Molinatto...”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I remember my first days in Italy, and it's impossible not to say the beautiful landscape and the very kind people I met in Molinatto... with no doubt, they were certainly excellent days i spent, and of course i'll never forget.

The place's perfect for holidays especially if you are looking for tranquility, convenience and low cost.

I think you only have to read what others travellers have said about Molinatto to realize that you cannot miss it, if you are near Lecco, Italy.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
OstelloMolinatto, Responsabile reception at Ostello Residenza Molinatto, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
unforgettable A & J thank-you so much for your kind comment, hope to meet you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I had a wonderful experience by staying in Molinatto for about 3 months. I found this place to be clean and peaceful with wonderful ambiance. The staffs were very friendly and were very patient in explaining. You can expect the place to have some utensils and all the necessary items for cooking. The residence is quite spacious and the rooms are sufficiently big. Most of the rooms have private bathroom.
So you can stay in this place if you want to have a peaceful holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank sindhuja b
Dear Mrs Sindhu thank-you very much for your kind comment, we will be happy to meet you again in the future
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I remember at Malpensa Airport, Italy, I had very confused thoughts about Ostello Residenza Molinatto because I found this place far away on Google map, also I had no idea about Italian transport system and taxis from Airport were too expensive. Moreover, people didn't know English and I was like a pigeon in parrots nest. My confusion changes in to worries when I saw my mobile is not working and I called from Airport telephone booth to Ostello Residenza Molinatto . An old lady responded in Italian, after collecting all Italian words in my mind I was hardly able to tell her my name and location but before I could hear a reply the call dropped. I knew that she cant help me because of language , so after searching a way on Airport, I thought to call again, but this time a lady responded nicely in English. It was a big sigh of relief for me. She was really kind and she told me to reach just Lecco station there she will receive me.
After reaching hostel at 10pm, I found that I lost my documents bag on Airport. I called that lady again to help me and it was really surprising for me the way she responded immediately and contacted police and other officials on airport and eventually I found my bag.
My room windows open directly on lake. Everything was clean, well organized and on time. The staff was available every time to give any kind of help. In short duration, I start loving that place because the space is so well organized that you can keep your privacy as well and if you would like, you can meet other people staying in residenza as well.
But, I must say that place can spoil your habits, because one day I was reading in my room and without thinking, I called the staff to change the lights from yellow to white because usually I prefer white. I could even change just my lamp light but surprisingly they changed immediately all the lights inside the room.
The hostel is at 15 minutes drive from Lecco station and the buses are available at every hour till 7pm but I think a little bit planing was sufficient to cover this problem for me.
Also, I found this place good for me because my girl friend was visiting me after a long while , the lake and its well surrounded beauty makes that place perfect for us, till now I stayed at many places with her but we like Residenza Molinatto the most.
During her stay, once we were late at night and there was no bus and the staff again helped us in coming to Molinatto.
All in all, less price,very helping staff, cleanliness, Beautiful location makes this one of the best places for stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SalmanAyub
Hi "one of the best guest we had!" thank-you for your very kind comment, hope see you soon
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I stayed in this hostel for 17 days in September 2011. The hostel is located in the quiet district of Oggiono with a mesmerizing scenery. The staff were amazingly kind and were willing to help you in any situation. The rooms are clean and as far as I know there are private bathrooms in most of the rooms. There was also a small fridge inside room which was very convenient for me. There was free high-speed wireless internet access which was a real plus. there is a shared kitchen with all the equipment and appliances for cooking which you can benefit from. Also you have access to washing machine and Iron for a comfortable long stay. The only downside is the limitation in transportation to the center of Lecco where you can shop and dine. There are buses but not so frequent and as far as I remember the last bus between there and Lecco was around 7p.m. but overall its a nice, lovely, quiet place with an unbeatable price.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mohammadreza_Ghasemi
dear Sir, thank you for you kind comment, hope to see you again
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This is perfect place for travelers. It is located in a very quite area with a splendid view over the lake at sunset. There are several easy reachable by car/bike local attractions: old monastery San Pietro al Monte and national park Monte Barro. Hostel is clean with all necessary stuff for comfort staying even for a long period of time.
Staff is really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank kralya_rv
than you for you kind comment, hope to meet you again
Piacenza, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I lived in the Molinatto for 3 months. The hostel is located in a fantastic place which sees Annone lake. Actually, it has a beautiful landscape from the yard. the personal are so polite and friendly. the rooms are so comfortable and tranquil. I think there can be quite relax place for a weekend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Mehdi S
dear lovely guest, thank you for your kind comment, hope to see you soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oggiono
Quality Hotel San Martino
#3 of 4 in Oggiono
B&B Al Chiare'
B&B Al Chiare'
#2 of 4 in Oggiono

Been to Ostello Residenza Molinatto? Share your experiences!