“Suitable” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Swinton
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Suitable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The rooms were clean and well equipped. I encountered three members of staff - two of them were very nice and helpfull. The third - a woman in her 60s - gave us a luke warm welcome and was not helpful. We had driven for hours to get to Manchester. We arrived early and did not expect to get our room so early. We just wanted to get our bearings, leave the car and then go off to Old Trafford. As we had travelled for so long we were desperate to use the loo. But alas she couldn't help because the only toilets were in the rooms. Apparently they were all occupied so we couldn't use one. Luckily the male receptionist was more helpful and found an empty room for us to use a loo. I am not used to receiving the welcome I got from this woman - she clearly wasn't interested in customer service. I didn't expect our room to be ready so early and it wasn't but she didn't even bother to check - she just said 2pm. The male receptionist did check and it wasn't ready. One of my children used the complimentary drinks facilities when we arrived and she didn't seem too happy about that either snatching up the empty hot chocolate packet and throwing it in the bin as soon as he sat down( I'd've thrown it away if I'd noticed). You will not from my previous reviews that I am always fair. I am not being petty. The woman should be nicer to their customers. I won't go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Juliejersey66
hellohotelmanchester, Manager at Hello Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
We are sorry to hear that your visit was not up to your expectations, we would like you to contact our general manager to discuss this further: manager@hellohotels.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Grimsby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed 7th dec 2013, check in no problem, room very big and spotless, water, fridge, hair dryer, flat screen tv, very big comply beds, free wi if that worked well and we was in room 12 which was far away from reception, free parking large car park, nice grab and go breakfast 8-10. Taxi to city centre £12 bus stop, 1 min from hotel, 1 min walk to shell gas station, 5 min walk to subway, easy to find and close to motorway..... All staff very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: All good, wi if works all over, quieter at back as main road at front
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights.
The rooms are very good with tea and coffee and hot chocolate making facilities! Tv and phone and free wifi! The bed is king size and so comfy! Very clean. Bathroom has shampoo/body wash and towels.
Everyone there is so friendly and welcoming. They have a vending machine and free tea and coffee at reception. Breakfast is included and comes in a take out bag. Very good!
The location was perfect for me as I was on a course and the centre is just up the road. There's not a lot else around there though. They are building a new restaurant next door so that'll be good.
Over all I thought hello hotel was most excellent value for money and I had a terrific, comfortable and relaxed stay.

• Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

The location was ideal for us. Room clean and spacious we had twin room as it was me and my mum. The only problem was we were in a ground floor room and u can hear people above stomping around and talking. My mum wasn't looking forward to the grab and go breakfast but actually she enjoyed it. I sent her to collect it from reception whilst I stayed in bed in my pajamas! Breakfast in bed!! Free hot drinks machine in reception which I think is a brilliant idea

• Stayed November 2013
Egremont, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed with 4 yr old daughter & husband in 1/2 term! Spacious & clean. Quiet location, very comfy bed. Tasty grab & go breakfast ! Just perfect for last min getaway! Handy for Manchester shopping! Will defiantly stay again for shopping or airport stays!

• Stayed October 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Very clean, they changed towels daily despite being hung up. Fairly spacious room and bathroom, good shower. Friendly staff and an excellent price - what more could you ask for! This Hotel was perfect for our needs.

Room Tip: The entrance is not accessible from the main road due to an extension being built, look on your navi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Just spent a saturday night with my partner in this hotel and had no complaints whatsoever. having booked here as a base to go to Manchester for the day and night it was a lot cheaper than the city centre and had free parking. The rooms were large and fairly quiet and the service that was provided was good. Taxi was less than £10 to Manchester centre (private hire), and the same coming back. The only gripe was finding the entrance because they were doing works on the building the main entrance was closed off so we took some time finding the alternative entrance (no signage). Happy with the takeaway breakfast as we had to shoot off early anyway. Wouldn't hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swinton
Novotel Manchester West
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Central Hotel
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Isis Hotel and Restaurant
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester (Swinton) Hotel

Been to Hello Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!