“Great! Thanks Hello Hotel.”

Hello Hotel Manchester
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Swinton
Swinton, United Kingdom
“Great! Thanks Hello Hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Booked my in laws in here from 24th to 27th December. My father in law is disabled and cannot manage the stairs at our home anymore and this is the nearest hotel to our home. Staff couldn't have been more accommodating or helpful. Reception beautifully decorated, room very clean. Main decor a little tired but ok. My parents in law received a token present of chocolates and a card on Christmas morning which was such a lovely thought. Thanks to all the staff at Hello for making my in laws' stay most enjoyable. All being well, they will be with you next Christmas.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bungay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Our welcome was warm and friendly. The room was a good size and everything was clean, tidy and in place. The restaurant was still being built and the opening is estimated for January. It appears that there is much still to do.
The hotel offers free WiFi , a grab and go breakfast bag (very tasty) and coffee machine in the reception area. Complimentary bottles of water are provided in each room.
We will have no hesitation in returning in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms to the rear will be quieter.
Everywhere
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We were only in Manchester as a stopover so it served us well. Clean but old. The old carpet was a bit of a put off but then i am super fussy. We will go back tho, with slippers in tow. Huge bed. Free Car park on site. Lots of teas and coffee; and hot chocs which our kid was very happy with. Breakfast is incl. Good value. Polite and friendly staffs which is always a good start in any hotel.

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel is an old premier inn and they were completing a refit when I stayed in late November. The room was as you would expect the bed was good and I had a great nights sleep. They provided free wi-fi , a comp "in the bag breakfast" , extra towels , comp bottles of water and free parking and tea and coffee.
There was alot of building work going on and it is away out of Manchester city centre but it was half the cost of a room in the city centre so it was good value for money. The room was warm and it had a good size TV. , The staff were all very good and welcoming . I would stay again.

Room Tip: "rooms away from the road side"
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jersey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

The rooms were clean and well equipped. I encountered three members of staff - two of them were very nice and helpfull. The third - a woman in her 60s - gave us a luke warm welcome and was not helpful. We had driven for hours to get to Manchester. We arrived early and did not expect to get our room so early. We just wanted to get our bearings, leave the car and then go off to Old Trafford. As we had travelled for so long we were desperate to use the loo. But alas she couldn't help because the only toilets were in the rooms. Apparently they were all occupied so we couldn't use one. Luckily the male receptionist was more helpful and found an empty room for us to use a loo. I am not used to receiving the welcome I got from this woman - she clearly wasn't interested in customer service. I didn't expect our room to be ready so early and it wasn't but she didn't even bother to check - she just said 2pm. The male receptionist did check and it wasn't ready. One of my children used the complimentary drinks facilities when we arrived and she didn't seem too happy about that either snatching up the empty hot chocolate packet and throwing it in the bin as soon as he sat down( I'd've thrown it away if I'd noticed). You will not from my previous reviews that I am always fair. I am not being petty. The woman should be nicer to their customers. I won't go back.

1 Thank Juliejersey66
hellohotelmanchester, Manager at Hello Hotel Manchester, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
We are sorry to hear that your visit was not up to your expectations, we would like you to contact our general manager to discuss this further: manager@hellohotels.co.uk
Grimsby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed 7th dec 2013, check in no problem, room very big and spotless, water, fridge, hair dryer, flat screen tv, very big comply beds, free wi if that worked well and we was in room 12 which was far away from reception, free parking large car park, nice grab and go breakfast 8-10. Taxi to city centre £12 bus stop, 1 min from hotel, 1 min walk to shell gas station, 5 min walk to subway, easy to find and close to motorway..... All staff very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: All good, wi if works all over, quieter at back as main road at front
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights.
The rooms are very good with tea and coffee and hot chocolate making facilities! Tv and phone and free wifi! The bed is king size and so comfy! Very clean. Bathroom has shampoo/body wash and towels.
Everyone there is so friendly and welcoming. They have a vending machine and free tea and coffee at reception. Breakfast is included and comes in a take out bag. Very good!
The location was perfect for me as I was on a course and the centre is just up the road. There's not a lot else around there though. They are building a new restaurant next door so that'll be good.
Over all I thought hello hotel was most excellent value for money and I had a terrific, comfortable and relaxed stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swinton
Novotel Manchester West
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Central Hotel
Isis Hotel and Restaurant
Premier Inn Manchester (Swinton) Hotel
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Hello Hotel Manchester? Share your experiences!