All reviewsgrab and gorestaurant next doorsausage and baconeast lancs roadpremier inncoffee machine in receptionchocolate muffinbudget hotelalbert's restaurantadjoining restaurantfree parkingtakeaway breakfasttea and coffeecity centrebeds were very comfortablefriendly receptionistreception area
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Lovely hotel pleasantly surprised his it was for what I had paid. Absolutely loved Alberts also we had evenng meal and breakfast there impeccable service in both places! The rooms where basic but very clean and reception staff couldn't do enough fr you. I will definitely use this hotel again if I return to Manchester and also recommend to family and friends! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Due to my husband's emergency admission to Salford Royal Hospital, my daughter and i booked the Hello Hotel on their website. This was very easy and confirmation and a reply to our email was very prompt. On arrival (although we were early) our room was ready. The receptionist was very friendly and gave us information on breakfast and said that they had take away menus if we needed to order.( This was from 26/01/2014 - 06/02/2014 before Albert's opened) The beds were very comfortable and there was always hot water for showers. The room was very clean if a little dated.This hotel suited our requirements very well. I can't thank the Manager and all the staff enough for their kindness during a difficult time so far from home. The grab and go breakfast was very good and free tea and coffee available in the reception area. I would recommend( and have done) to friends and family. It's not a 5*but is very good value for money and we felt very safe on our long walks( I would recommend the walk along the Old Railway line if you walk towards Worsley) to pass the time before visiting hours. Also ideal for visiting The Trafford Centre and the Lowry Centre/Media City.

Room Tip: We were on the First floor facing the main road.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison B
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Sadly, the Albert's fresh, clean, almost sumptuous approach to detail was in very stark contrast to the tired, dilapidated hotel rooms, representing poor value for money. My bathroom/shower had black mould growing around the yellowing plastic bath sealant, the Formica surfaces had large chips in them, the lampshades were old, dried out & split. I was in a ground floor and was kept awake by the late night party revellers leaving the restaurant & gathering for a smoke in the car park, arguing, singing & generally revving their cars.. Disappointing after a 200mile drive. The absolute saving grace of my experience was the customer service provided by Kerri - she was honest, friendly and straight forward, such a breath of fresh air. However, unless a major refurbishment takes place, I will have to find somewhere else to stay. As a treat, I went to Albert's for a Sunday morning breakfast, using the £5 discount voucher supplied by the hotel, in lieu of a 'grab and go' breakfast bag. The ambiance & food were really impressive but little things like, a fresh juice I ordered didn't arrive until after my hot breakfast & the cafetiere of coffee...& even though I left both the juice & the coffee,(too bitter) no-one asked me had I enjoyed my meal or how my experience had been, in spite of clearing my table before my bill arrived... but it's early days & maybe my experiences are just teething troubles, I hope so because we sorely need a place like this in Swinton!

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room away from the restaurant car park
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank suzmcguinness
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel offers great value for money and has some classy touches - free wifi in the room, complimentary bottled water - which you do not often find in more expensive hotels. The staff were brilliant - friendly, helpful and we heard other guests saying the same thing. Plenty of parking, this is a great place to stay over if visiting manchester. Recommended.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a basic, no frills type of place but it is clean, tidy, comfortable and quiet (the place was fully booked when we were there but we didnt hear a peep from other guests) with very helpful and friendly staff and ideally located for attractions etc in and around Manchester.

The grab bag for breakfast was novel and we enjoyed being able to eat in our room, but there was the option to have a sit down breakfast for a reasonable price in the next door (attached) restaurant and we were told we would get a £5 voucher towards it if we chose that option.

Cant fault it really especially for what we paid

Room Tip: We had a room facing the nearby main road. We could hear faint traffic noise although it faded to background and we didnt notice it after a short time but if that is an issue ask for a room on the opposite side which faces residential properties on a cul de sac road
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple