“thoroughly annoyed and disappointed”

Isis Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Swinton
Manchester
“thoroughly annoyed and disappointed”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My partner and I dined here on a Thursday around 5pm, there were only 2 other tables occupied. Because of this i expected great service and nice food, unfortunately we had to wait 7 - 10mins to be seated by a miserable waitress that went on to shout accross the restaurant to other team members about what they were doing that weekend, when they finished work etc etc!! There was no personality when serving us, she asked one word quetions "pepper?" with no smile, we both felt rather rushed in and out of our seats. After waiting some time my partners king prawn pasta was served, I chose a starter of ribs as a main with a side of mashed potato as i found the menu rather uninspiring and was disappointed with my choice before I had even been served. My partner was slightly disappointed at the lack of king prawns in his "King Prawn Pasta" and they also had heads left on, which didnt bother him too much but he did comment that it would be better without. What did bother him was the oily greasyness of the food. I do appreciate Italian food tends to be garnished with olive oil, however this left a puddle of grease at the bottom of the bowl and was bland and flavourless. My ribs had soft meat which fell apart and would have been lovely if it wasnt for the thick rich sauce, I could only eat 2 after scraping off much of the sauce. Mash was lacking in flavour. We shared a side of garlic bread with cheese, this was dripping in grease so much that the wafer thin base had holes in, hard to even pick up. I had to find the waitress who was in the bar area to ask for another drink. Wasnt asked how our meals were. There was a bar man with a bald head that was very nice but he wasnt our server. The restaurant had no atmosphere. I was and still am annoyed at the price of the bill as we left still hungry and my partner commented we would have been better with the adjacent McDonalds, which was very true! I will not be going back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SmileySE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bourne End, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I had to stay overnight in Salford. I used Late Rooms to book and made a mistake. BUT, although I had eaten in the restaurant, I did not know there was a hotel on top attached.

So after diner out with some colleagues, I went back to the hotel and my room. It was large comfortable bed, no noise from the street, great breakfast.
The hospitality was great and personal.
Great stay

Room Tip: Just ask for a good room,.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Went on a Thursday early evening and had bought a living social voucher. After waiting at the doorway for 5 minutes,we gave our voucher and was sat in a corner table! Service was quick but the food was very oily and left a greasy film on the plate. The menu was not very inspiring and the pasta I ordered was something I would expect from pizza hut. The decor was nice and the restaurant was clean but lacked atmosphere and warmth.

• Stayed March 2012
Tenerife
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Every time I've eaten here, it's been a pleasure and who cares what area it's in when the whole world is full of crazy people! Most people who reside in this area are actually some of the nicest I have ever met in my life.
Give it a go and I'll be suprised if you're let down by the restaurant. I haven't tried the hotel so can't comment on this aspect of the business.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2012

As my wifes birthday was on Monday this year I decided to go here on the Sunday( as most places are quiet on a Monday). The food was well presented, hot and delicious. Michael and his staff attentive and friendly. A great night, brownie points all round. Isis is cheap for the quality of food and service.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rolyrat123
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Restaurant review only:

The ordinariness of the food and the dull presentation does not justify the prices. Even a chain like Pizza Express offers far superior food, with much more flavour and better presentation, at a much more reasonable price. I was utterly underwhelmed, and would not go back. Thoroughly disappointing.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Beautiful Italian Restaurant with vibrant atmosphere on a Saturday night and efficient staff. Sunday not enough staff and constantly ignored. Took 2.5 hours for 2 courses with kids so very painful. Hotel rooms just ok kids both slept on what I could describe as a leather covered bench so ended up with 4 of us in a double that had seen better days. The location is a poor area and was constantly checking the car in between being woken by alarms and security cameras moving on the side of the building. Unless seems the night porter was allowing non residents to stay in rooms due to being drunk as woken several times with this too.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ClaireRT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swinton
Novotel Manchester West
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
Hello Hotel Manchester
Hello Hotel Manchester
#1 of 2 in Swinton
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Premier Inn Manchester (Swinton) Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays

Been to Isis Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!