“Great food, fabulous pianist on a Thursday night”

Isis Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Swinton
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

The food was great, tons of flavour and really a delightful Italian menu.

Something for everyone including my mother in law!

Not sure about some of the staffs service skills. But nonetheless a great meal out.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Pimdesign
There are newer reviews for Isis Hotel and Restaurant

Reviewed 24 August 2012

The staff were helpful and polite and the resturant/ bar area was nicely decorated and well laid out. The food in the resturant was ok however I do not think that chicken thighs stuffed with mushrooms , with roast potatoes,carrots and gravy! is exactly italian.
I stayed in room number one, which had a large bathroom but a very small bedroom. The room was above the kitchen, which was very noisy but the extractor fan on the outside of the wall made things worse. Not only did the room "hum" all night but it also seemed to be diverting all the kitchen smells into my room.
The rooms are advertised as luxury, I have stayed in many hotels and the room I was in at least was definately not. I stayed in a different hotel the following day a few miles away which was the same price and far better.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Gonger65
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Was really looking forward to our visit, but was completely disappointed. No lunch menu, partner had the lamb which was a special, just fat and potatos where awful and my pasta was cold. NOt brilliant for a fourty town lunch.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed here after visiting many terrible hotels in manchester and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were lovely and comfortable. The breakfasts were gorgeous and the service was second to none. The only negative was that it was a bit dusty in the room. I would definatly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs A
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We dined there 05/05/2012 it was our 24th wedding anniversary and we took our daughter and son in law ---we had the most wonderful night, the food was excellent and so was brett and his staff especially jack behind the bar who made us wonderful cocktails. i totally recommend this restaurant for its friendliness, cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice the second time only a couple of weeks ago. We had tried to book two nights but as they could only accommodate us for only the second night we tried elsewhere and what disgraceful place that was. The following morning we were on the doorstep of the Isis asking if they still had a room and thankfully they did. What bliss it was. The Isis was even better than when we stayed just before Christmas. They rooms are modern, clean. warm and welcoming. The bottled water they provide is a very nice touch. The Staff are very helpful and everyone very friendly. We visit family in that area and find the Hotel convenient for all transport. There is also parking and, though on a main Road, it is very quiet.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My partner and I dined here on a Thursday around 5pm, there were only 2 other tables occupied. Because of this i expected great service and nice food, unfortunately we had to wait 7 - 10mins to be seated by a miserable waitress that went on to shout accross the restaurant to other team members about what they were doing that weekend, when they finished work etc etc!! There was no personality when serving us, she asked one word quetions "pepper?" with no smile, we both felt rather rushed in and out of our seats. After waiting some time my partners king prawn pasta was served, I chose a starter of ribs as a main with a side of mashed potato as i found the menu rather uninspiring and was disappointed with my choice before I had even been served. My partner was slightly disappointed at the lack of king prawns in his "King Prawn Pasta" and they also had heads left on, which didnt bother him too much but he did comment that it would be better without. What did bother him was the oily greasyness of the food. I do appreciate Italian food tends to be garnished with olive oil, however this left a puddle of grease at the bottom of the bowl and was bland and flavourless. My ribs had soft meat which fell apart and would have been lovely if it wasnt for the thick rich sauce, I could only eat 2 after scraping off much of the sauce. Mash was lacking in flavour. We shared a side of garlic bread with cheese, this was dripping in grease so much that the wafer thin base had holes in, hard to even pick up. I had to find the waitress who was in the bar area to ask for another drink. Wasnt asked how our meals were. There was a bar man with a bald head that was very nice but he wasnt our server. The restaurant had no atmosphere. I was and still am annoyed at the price of the bill as we left still hungry and my partner commented we would have been better with the adjacent McDonalds, which was very true! I will not be going back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SmileySE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swinton
Novotel Manchester West
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
Travelodge Manchester Salford Quays
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
Hello Hotel Manchester
Hello Hotel Manchester
#1 of 2 in Swinton
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Isis Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!