“very friendly staff, good food”

Wellington Hotel Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2012

have been here a few times now staff very friendly and sociable, good selection of food can usually get a table without booking but advisable if with bigger party.
found prices to be good and service very good even when busy

Reviewed 26 May 2012

This place is a gem, especially for the food. I have to admit that I have only eaten lunches here, but have friends who often dine here at night, and they share my assessment. The bar area is a decent size, and leads into a pleasant open plan restaurant.

There is a special lunch menu which offers a 2 or 3 course meal at extremely good prices, and the quality is as good as I've had anywhere else (for a lot more money). If I lived in this village I would hardly be away from The Wellington.

Thank 237enigma .
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

We were staying in the area and drove past and decided to stop for dinner. From the out side it looks very smart and inviting and the inside isn't a disappointment it's every thing you would expect from a country pub . We had good service from the bar man and waiting on staff and the food was spot on . There was a good variety of meals on the menu. It's also worth saying The Welington is spotless . Would definately go back if we are in the area

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Have eaten here 3times, the waitresses are very efficient, the pub is clean , the welcome is warm. Food is good quality had 3 great meals for two here. The manager needs to talk to his customers just as well his floor staff are sociable.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I have eaten here twice this year and on both occasions have been very disappointed.
On My first visit just after Christmas I ordered something off the special board (surf and turf). We waited more than half an hour for this, then when it arrived it was cold, after sending it back my replacement was also cold and the steak was over cooked I could not eat any of this and it was returned. My pudding a crumble however was lovely.
Hoping my previous disastrous meal had just been a one off we tried again.
I am sorry to say my belly pork was the worst I have ever had pure fat. On complaining the waiter said he would let the kitchen know. We ordered pudding a crumble as it was so nice the first time. Out of three only one had a crumble top, the other two were more stodgy than crumble, the flavour was still there though. On both visits the pub has not been overly busy, so this could not be give as a reason for poor food.
Bottom line I realy want to like The Duke of Wellington but have been disappointed on both of my visits.
Staff are nice, as is the decor. Go for a drink and then find some where else to eat.

1  Thank TweedsMam