Castle Hotel
Hilton Leicester(Leicester)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfish piebooked a tablean evening mealsunday lunchnice breakfastan overnight staylovely roomfull english breakfastpuddingtea and coffeegood nights sleepweddingleicestermanageresspubvenueradiator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had our wedding here on December 28th and we have nothing but praise for the staff, their service was brilliant. Thanks especially to Kayte Lewis and the 2 Jesses for making everything go like clockwork. The sit down meal was lovely, thank you to the wonderful chefs. The venue intimate and cosy for our wedding. We had a very special and memorable day. Thank you.

Room Tip: We did have a four poster bed room which was spacious, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This room was small and not very clean. There was a noise from what seemed to be a pump or similar going all night long right overhead. And normally noises never bother me but this did. We would never go back here. We travel a lot and were very disappointed with the state of the room. My advice would be refuse room 48 it is nothing like the pictures I have seen.

Room Tip: As I said before refuse room 48 definitely
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear patriciac780, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were led through a maze of corridors and locked doors to a tiny little room, far too small for a double. The carpet was stained and dirty, the paint was peeling off the walls and there was mould in the bathroom. The shower fluctuated randomly from hot to cold continuously.
I understand that this is an old property but this does not excuse such poor upkeep.
The worst of all was the constant noise, all night, from water pipes which sounded like they were directly overhead. This was easily the worst night I've ever had in any hotel, anywhere.
There was no-one about in the morning to complain to. What a waste of a potentially great hotel.
On the positive side, the room was warm and the bed was comfortable, but that is the minimum standard that I expect.
Very, very poor. Won't be going there again.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel, it could not possibly be any worse.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rob S

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Castle Hotel in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed at the hotel on Saturday night for a birthday celebration. On arrival, we asked if it was possible to change our twin booking for a double. "No problem" said the receptionist. No reference to the fact that she moved us to a room on the first floor of the annex which was infested with guests of a wedding reception being held in the function room.

Room was small and quite basic. Bathroom clean-ish. A bit black around the shower corners!

Early evening was punctuated by families knocking on all doors (including ours) to discover who was staying in which rooms. What fun!

The meal was fine, usual Chef and Brewer standard. Service a little slow but we weren't in a hurry. Table booked for 7:30, asked for the bill at about 10:30.

Went to bed early, anticipating some sleep deprivation as the reception was in full swing. 1-ish came the families with kids. Not too bad. Later, we were awakened and kept awake by a room party on the ground floor with music, shouting and laughing accompanied by a strong smell of cigarette smoke. Tried to call reception to complain...no answer. Tried to call the offending room...didn't connect. It wasn't until I went down in person and asked for some quiet that they stopped...3:15am

Didn't bother with breakfast as we couldn't get out quick enough.

We have stayed at the Castle before and had a good experience. Tip of the day, check if there is anything on in the function room before booking.

Room Tip: Check if there is anything on in the function room before booking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was on a 4 day training course and booked a reasonably priced nearby hotel. After booking I read some not so good reviews!
On arrival I thought the placed looked very nice, & I walked through the pub which was very pleasant with a good atmosphere, and checked in. My room was clean and comfortable and had everything I required. After reading some reviews about the food, I toyed with the idea about driving for a takeaway! But decided to eat at the bar, the prices were very reasonable and the food ordered was not only presented beautifully but tasted the same.
I ate there every night and the same could be said, the burger I ate one night... I actually took a picture of, for £9.99 it seemed a shame to eat it!

The beds were extremely comfy.

All the staff were helpful and friendly and I had a lovely stay. I couldn't fault and if was in this area again I would try to get in here 1st.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business