“Breakfast with a friend”
Review of Castle Hotel

Castle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Kirby Muxloe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2014

For our usual meet up for breakfast my friend and I decided to give the Castle Hotel a try.

What a pleasure! The tables were all cosy and the staff were very friendly. We both had a full English with poached eggs which arrived promptly and cooked well.

The tea and coffee were available to help yourself but ran out By the time we finished and is the reason why the establishment did not get 5 out of 5.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Craggy40

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Castle Hotel who would like to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board and passed it to the relevant teams.

We do hope to see you soon in the Castle Hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Good Night Inns

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Absolutely fantastic rooms were very clean and served the best mixed grill I have ever tasted, saw a couple of bad reviews online and was a little worried as the hotel had been booked for us by a third party but the reviews in my opinion couldn't have been more wrong, we were very pleased and will definitely be returning soon.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We visited the Castle for two nights whilst visiting family. We booked the executive room which was very spacious and clean with lovely towels and a huge bath. The room was situated on the corner of the hotel and was light and airy with four windows. We booked dinner also and this was very good - well cooked and served by very plesant staff. Breakfast was buffet - I did ask for porridge but was a little dissapointed to find that it was only the 2min microwave variety plus my crumpets were a little stale. My husband enjoyed his eggs though which were cooked 'just right'. Lovely gardens with lots of sun plus adjacent to the castle ruins, lovely for a walk round. Kate and her staff were all very helpfull and friendly and we would not hesitate to stay again at this lovely old, character filled hotel. Thankyou to all.

Room Tip: We booked the executive as it looked a good size - we were not dissapointed. Worth a bit extra.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have travelled through various parts of the British Isles over the past 35 years, but my mid-June 5 day stay in Kirby Muxloe village, on the western edge of the Leicester city urban area, was my first venture into the East Midlands. I expected nice countryside, the pretty village surroundings, and some excellent pubs - I was not disappointed. Kirby Muxloe is a very nice place indeed.

It was the Castle Hotel that proved to be my grand Leicestershire find. The hotel website suggested I would like the place - a nice looking old farmhouse, with a castle ruins only 100m away across the back garden, free Wi-Fi, a pleasant looking bar. The Castle is one of those wonderful places where the combination of comfortable room, excellent food, fine location, and a very nice, attentive staff results in a sublime 'under promise - over deliver' result.

I am the type of traveler that does not ask much of an establishment, but I am not inclined to gush when things are as expected, either. The Castle was not only good value for money - it was a great stay. I will be back, and I will tell my friends.

Room Tip: Not an issue with me, but the quietest rooms in a pretty quiet place will be away from Main Street...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BTD44
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel has a great bar with nice beer garden with lots of outdoor seating. The staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were comfortable with good wifi service. I'll definitely stay again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had an excellent lunch, perfectly cooked and served hot. Superb service from Zac (that's the name on the receipt). Nice atmosphere and surroundings. if you have chips pay the £1 extra for triple cooked, it's worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

we have just returned from Sunday lunch at the castle hotel, it was a very pleasant dining experience to celebrate our eldest sons 30th birthday, the bar staff were friendly & polite, the food was very well cooked. I had the roast lamb dinner which was delicious. Will definitely return for a meal if we are in the vicinity.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
#10 of 41 in Leicester
College Court Hotel
College Court Hotel
#8 of 41 in Leicester

Been to Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!