Castle Hotel
Travelocity
Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$81
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfish piebooked a tablean evening mealsunday lunchnice breakfastan overnight staylovely roomfull english breakfastpuddingtea and coffeegood nights sleepweddingleicestermanageresspubvenueradiator
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I live in kirby Muxloe so usually alternate between the two pubs however The Castle is never consistent with service and food. Meaning we never know if we will get ignored or have good service!! Yesterday we decided on The Castle instead of The Oak and on arrival in the restaurant we were ignored even to the point that I moved tables a few times to try and catch a waitresses eye. Eventually I went up to the till point and asked for a menu then had to call out to order. Drinks and food arrived promptly but my order was incorrect so they changed it quickly. I only had an egg mayo sandwich but the egg mayo was slimy and tasted odd and the salad /cress inside was frozen?? I left half of it yet again had to go up to ask to pay and left.

While I was there almost every person in the restaurant had to walk up to the two girls and ask for coffee to pay to order etc. I left feeling under valued and totally disappointed that my local was pretty awful. Also.want to point out that yet again at lunchtime there was no one behind the bar? I just don't get it, it takes nothing just to tell me to take a seat and they will be with me in a few minutes. I will not be going back again it's such a shame as most of my neighbours feel the same about The Castle :(

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank monsoon b
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear monsoon b

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Castle Hotel with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Beautiful old hotel set in a lovely village in Leicestershire,a lovely room,spotlessly clean and very comfortable only let down by having no drinking glasses in the room (but given when asked) the restaurant is exceptional,food is delish,would deffinately stay again

Room Tip: A small hotel so all rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear diane1247

Thank you for providing us with your review.

I can confirm that I have passed on your kind comments to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Castle Hotel who would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

We hope to see you soon at the Castle Hotel.

Kind regards,

Guest Services

Reviewed 27 July 2014

For our usual meet up for breakfast my friend and I decided to give the Castle Hotel a try.

What a pleasure! The tables were all cosy and the staff were very friendly. We both had a full English with poached eggs which arrived promptly and cooked well.

The tea and coffee were available to help yourself but ran out By the time we finished and is the reason why the establishment did not get 5 out of 5.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Craggy40

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Castle Hotel who would like to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board and passed it to the relevant teams.

We do hope to see you soon in the Castle Hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Good Night Inns

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Absolutely fantastic rooms were very clean and served the best mixed grill I have ever tasted, saw a couple of bad reviews online and was a little worried as the hotel had been booked for us by a third party but the reviews in my opinion couldn't have been more wrong, we were very pleased and will definitely be returning soon.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We visited the Castle for two nights whilst visiting family. We booked the executive room which was very spacious and clean with lovely towels and a huge bath. The room was situated on the corner of the hotel and was light and airy with four windows. We booked dinner also and this was very good - well cooked and served by very plesant staff. Breakfast was buffet - I did ask for porridge but was a little dissapointed to find that it was only the 2min microwave variety plus my crumpets were a little stale. My husband enjoyed his eggs though which were cooked 'just right'. Lovely gardens with lots of sun plus adjacent to the castle ruins, lovely for a walk round. Kate and her staff were all very helpfull and friendly and we would not hesitate to stay again at this lovely old, character filled hotel. Thankyou to all.

Room Tip: We booked the executive as it looked a good size - we were not dissapointed. Worth a bit extra.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple