“Excellent meal”
Review of Castle Hotel

Castle Hotel
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the rural village of Kirby Muxloe, just off the M1 and five miles from Leicester, the Castle Hotel is a beautiful 17th century pub restaurant overlooking Kirby Muxloe Castle. Originally the castles farmhouse, the pub has retained much of its charm, with open fires in winter, candlelight dining in the evening and al fresco dining during the summer months. Stroll among the atmospheric ruins of the moated 15th century castle after a relaxed pub meal at The Castle Hotel We pride ourselves on classic pub food cooked with care. Whether it's hand-battered cod & chips, the gourmet burger, or the ever-popular ‘Brewer's Chicken’, now is the time to rediscover your old favourites. Make sure you try our traditional Sunday roasts with a huge a Yorkshire pudding and unlimited gravy. The team at the Castle Hotel are passionate about our food menu, so you can relax and enjoy our quality dishes and great service at this fantastic venue. It’s the perfect place to dine after a stroll around the stunning grounds of the castle.
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Food here was lovely. Really good choice, generous portions and different to the usual pub grub type of meal. Service was good, if a little slow, but we did go on a busy Saturday evening so can make allowances for that! Would definitely recommend and will go again.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“very good meal”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was probably one of the best meals we have had at The Castle. Service was good, nice wines and not too expensive. Puddings were fabulous. Overall very nice evening.

• Visited August 2014
“Awful!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Meeting up with another couple we had booked for a meal! I ordered a starter and main course. The starter wasn't available so I ordered again! They couldn't provide my main now either because they hadn't got any chillis?'! I ordered again! They couldn't provide the shirlon steak with salad I ordered or my husbands and offered ribeye instead!
After an hour wait they provided one shirlon and one ribeye with chips and onion rings!
We asked to speak to the GM who arrived after a while. Walked up to the table and said 'what's going on with these steaks then' in a rude manner.
The most appalling service I have ever had!!!! I left my meal
and went home hungry!!!!
Awful, awful place!!!!!

2 Thank Dawn I
redditch
“lovely”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

we had booked in for a evening meal there were 10 in the party 6ad 4 ch never been before all done by phone we were on our way back from a birthday treat day out at twycross zoo asked if they could add a few balloons on the table to which they did with no charge the meal was delicious service was good and attentive, relaxed ,gardens were nice what more could you want well recommend it .

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank garner1redditch
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable meal with good service”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I met up with a couple of friends here for an evening meal and a chat and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Three of us chose from the 2 courses for £12 evening set menu, and one from the main menu, and we were all happy with our choices. The food was tasty and well cooked and the atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming. The service was friendly and helpful; when our friend remarked that he liked "lashings of custard on his pudding" the waitress said that the custard came in a little jug, but that she would bring him two jugs! The desserts were delicious and our friend was more than happy with his extra custard!

• Visited July 2014