“A really great base for exploring Aruba”

Paradera Park Aruba
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Paradera
Reviewed 9 December 2008

We were at Paradera from October 31--November 7, 2008.

We really enjoyed this little place. The rooms are simple (as advertised) but they are kept immaculently clean and everything worked perfectly. The A/C got the room cold in 5-10 minutes after being off all day, the water was hot and plentiful and all the kitchen appliances worked fine. I can't think of anything with the room that wasn't just fine.

The pool area is very relaxing and tropical. There are palm trees and other foliage everywhere. The pool was very clean and we enjoyed it pretty much every night of our stay.

The best part of Paradera is the innkeepers. We met Henk briefly a few times and he seemed very nice, but it was really Debby who was taking care of us most of our stay. She could not have been nicer!! From her welcoming drink and once-over when we arrived to providing almost daily guidance about restaurants, places to see, etc., her help was invaluable. She made us feel like visiting friends, not customers,

The hotel also provides beach chairs and a cooler for your daily excursions. These really came in handy, as we tend to move around a lot and renting chairs everywhere we went would have really added up. Same with the cooler--we took our own bottled water or soft drinks and didn't have to worry about finding a store or restaurant every time we dried out (which on Aruba happens a lot).

Also--hats off to the 2 housekeepers!! They could not have been more accommodating or nicer!! We needed a few extras a time or two and they took everything in stride with a smile on their faces. Really great service!!

The only fault I found with Paradera is in their selection of "partners". In particular, we were very unsatisfied with Value Car Rental, and we thought the day sail on Tranquillo was just OK at best. Both were specifically recommended by Paradera. I have written a separate review of Tranquillo that you can read, but Value Car Rental is not listed onTA that I can find (if they were, they'd probably get a lot less business). I told Debby straight out that Paradera is so well run and such a great place that affiliating it with these vendors (especially Value Car Rental) is really doing more harm than good. I don't know why they would want to be associated with a vendor that is so far below the standard of their own business.

Anyway, stay at Paradera!! It is a fantastic place with fantastic hosts. Just rent a car somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank floridamike

Reviewed 7 December 2008

After reading the reviews for the Parader park we decided to stay there for our recent nine night stay and we enjoyed every minute staying there. The environment was absolutely perfect and exactly what we were looking for. It is off the beaten path away from all the other tourists and hotels and make it such a great place to come back to at the end of the day. We rented a jeep for the duration and I would recommend to rent a car as it is not near any of the places of interest. The money you save with the rate and having a kitchen for breakfast/lunches is worth it and gives you money for a car which was such a blessing as you can tour the whole island on your own schedule and we had a blast doing it.

Debby and Hank were so pleasant and made the stay one to remember. They are very knowledgeable of the island and have great recommendations for eating and recreation. The housekeeping is excellent and the staff is very pleasant, polite and do their best if you have a request.

The beach set was a blessing (two chairs, towels and a cooler) and made a day at the beach great. we would buy some ice and put some water (and a few beers!) along with some sandwiches and stay out all day.

The rooms were clean and well equipped. I read some past complaints about the AC being noisy and I can see how some could find it loud (it is right beside the bed) but I had no trouble getting to sleep and it did not bother me a bit (I am a light sleeper too).

The pool and seating area is beautiful and well maintained. My wife was so happy seeing such a beautiful scene from our little balcony every morning while we ate breakfast.

I would recommend the Paradera Park in a heartbeat for those who want avoid the touristy area of the island and want to do their own thing while they are there. It is a small island so go do what you want during the day but come back to a quite, relaxing, and beautiful stay at the Paradera!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank go5
Reviewed 11 November 2008

We had a wonderful vacation at the Paradera Apartments. Went with my sister-in-law & brother-in-law. As everyone has said Debby and Henke are so wonderful and attentive. They seem to know what you want before you even realize you need it. They are extremely helpful with recommendations. The grounds and rooms are immaculate. This is the perfect place if you like to explore the island and get a glimpse of what it is like to live there. We rented a car and went to all sides of the island. Lots of fun getting lost!! That is part of the adventure though. We visited Arashi, Palm, Eagle, Baby and many more beaches. The chairs and cooler that is included with your apartment rental are perfect for bringing your lunch and beverages to the beach. There are a lot of palapas and huts to sit under at no charge on the public beaches. If you get to one beach and it is busy, just keep going until you to the next one. We rented the two bedroom apartment, which I would highly recommend. The other couple had a studio apartment but we found the extra room in this apartment was great for the four of us for dining in. We had such fun all day that it was quite relaxing to come home to the apartment for dinner and sit on the balcony for the rest of the night. I was so surprised at the selections at the grocery stores. They seem to have more than we do in Canada. Dinners out were at Pincho’s, El Gaucho’s, Bingo’s, Salt & Pepper. And of course twice to Linda’s for breakfast. We also went to Franklin’s Takeaway in Paradera for BBQ chicken. $14 for two huge meals. It is not open until 7:30 p.m. because Franklin works at a restaurant during the day. There is another takeaway in Paradera that is great for breakfast Pastechi. Also wanted to mention that Debby makes her own jewellery. I bought three pieces from her, they are beautiful. We went on the Tranquillo snorkeling/sailing cruise. Debby recommended this one and she was right. We had a great time snorkeling and a gorgeous sail. Don’t miss this. One of our adventures took us to the Donkey Sanctuary, I didn’t really want to go, but I am so glad we went. The scenery was breath taking. Things you will not see if you just stay on the main drag. There were complete fences made out of cacti. The rock formations and the sanctuary itself were truly something to see. As far as shopping goes, my $8,500 ring I had picked out, is still at Little Switzerland. Maybe next time. Lol. We did find some great treasures at the Flea Market that is held near Kong Hing on Saturdays and Sundays. They have great purses, t-shirts, hammocks and a bbq. Look for the orange flags. Everything there is much cheaper than the little shops downtown. Another cool place we went to pick up a t-shirt for my son and for my husband to drool over the old cars was Underground Cycles Aruba. Perfect place to pick up cool stuff for the older teen/20 something. The owner was so much fun to talk to as well. It is on LG Smith Blvd. All in all this was one of the best trips I have been on and would absolutely love to go back someday!! I just hope it's soon!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank winecritic
Reviewed 29 October 2008

Dear Debby & Hank,

Just wanted to say thanks again for a FANTASTIC stay at Paradera Park Apartments!!!

I’ve been visiting you guys for a few years now and my stay just keeps on getting better and better and I thought it is time to share my experience with other people.

Every time you guys make improvements to your “quest experience” where I thought nothing more could be done. The new Super deluxe 2-bedroom suites are fantastic, just sitting on my porch and watching the sun set over the ocean was enough of an experience to make my stay with you a success..
If you were a Hotel, I am sure that you would receive 6 (!!) stars (they only go to 5 stars there) :)

The new decorations around the (also) refurbished pool are great, the 2 housekeeping ladies are super friendly and have assisted my in my every need and the garden just looks amazing.

I really enjoyed reading my book or doing some work on my laptop under the cabana at night.

I can go on and on, just wanted to thank you again.

I’ll be back soon, hope to make it 4 weeks then…..

Yours,

Ken.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2008

Once again we returned to our home away from home, PPA. Deb and Henk are like old freinds to us. We returned with our14 month old who loves playing in the pool every morning. Henk was kind enough to purchase a little blow up whale for her to play with in the pool. Deb also provided us with sand toys for the baby to play with at the beach. A crib was waiting for us in our room along with a tiny stuffed lion who slept with her, thank you Deb! The lion is back home and, quickly became her favorite toy.

The only fresh comment that I can add is that the pool is sparkling brand new! Also, the teak chairs and chaise lounges all have been covered with custom exterior cushions. Each morning plush beach towels are placed on the deck chairs.

Luz and Luz, the dynamic duo maids, work very, very hard each day keeping PPA beyond imaculate. There warm smiles are missed on Sundays, there day off.

Please keep in mind that you should book far in advance for PPA. They have 17 rooms for the lucky few, so do not hesitate.

Lastly, each year when we return we notice that Deb and Henk somehow mangaged to ratched up an improvment at PPA. They work very hard mataining the lush tropical island oasis.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank drchico
Reviewed 12 August 2008

We stayed at the Paradera Park Apartments in units 104 and 108 for two periods for a total of 8 nights in early August, and have nothing but good things to say.

The rate is fantastic, and in Aruba you are wasting your money to stay at a resort as you truly need to rent a car and explore the entire island. The apartments were very clean, and the housekeepers did a great job cleaning up for us every day. The property has a small pool that's great for an evening cool down, as well as some nice covered tables and couches outside and a couple of hammocks. Every unit has either a balcony or patio, as well as a kitchen so you can save some time and money by making your own breakfast.

Debbie and Ingrid were extremely welcoming and helpful, a trait you find common among most island residents.

The location is also perfect for exploring the island - about 10 or 15 minutes to the California lighthouse (NW), less than 10 to Oranjestad, and even Baby Beach on the SE tip is within 30 minutes. The best restaurants are spread among Palm Beach, Noord, and Oranjestad, and all are within 10 minutes.

If you're the type to do your own exploring and really experience a place like Aruba, you won't find a better deal than Paradera Park.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank joelestra
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Paradera Park Apartments truly deserves the "Best Hidden Gem" award. The apartments are simple, but spotless clean. We enjoyed having a kitchen to prepare breakfast and eat on our patio. The grounds are tropical, lush, beautiful and quiet. The price is a true bargain.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank anelson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradera
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Beach Villas
Aruba Beach Villas
#1 of 1 in Malmok Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#14 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
#21 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Paradera Park Aruba? Share your experiences!