Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Chikere
London, United Kingdom

Not a great experience for a Hilton Hotel!

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Dec 2023
To conclude a fantastic year, we celebrated with a family gathering at the Hilton Ageas Bowl Southampton. Our accommodations were in a Queen Room, which was tidy and offered a pleasant view. However, there was an incident where my son became trapped in the bathroom due to a malfunctioning lock. It took the staff approximately 50 minutes to successfully get him out. While the staff were quite helpful during this ordeal, I am still awaiting a call from the Manager. I have stayed in many Hilton Hotels all over the world and do not expect this from a Hilton Hotel.
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: Check the room locks.
Trip type: Travelled with family
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
2.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 7 Jan 2024
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I have tried emailing you regarding this situation however have not had a response. We hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future. Kind regards, Lilly, Guest Relations Manager.
£58
4.2 miles from Hilton Southampton - Utilita Bowl
Restaurant
View more hotels in West End
1,943 results
All reviews cricket ground the executive lounge pitch view eforea spa golf course cricket fans balcony overlooking cricket match lovely hotel walk in shower an upgrade lovely room car park cruise terminal beefy hampshire balconies
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 December 2023 via mobile

I’ve stayed here many times, and am locked in if I want to build points, as there are no other Hilton brand hotels in the area. The hotel does not want business travelers, and obviously don’t care if you are a Diamond member on Hilton program. They have permanently closed the executive lounge, and to compensate, they give two drink vouchers for two nights. The vouchers are not available for cocktails. They want their money from weddings, etc. As I said, it’s partly my fault, as I know what they are, just wish they weren’t so arrogant in their discussions.

Room tip: No Executive Lounge Arrogant front staff
Trip type: Travelled on business
Hilton Ageas Bowl, Other at Hilton Southampton - Utilita Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2023

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We sincerely apologise that your stay was affected by various factors. Our commitment is to cater to the needs of all our guests, and we regret to hear that you feel this hasn't been the case. The decision to close the executive lounge was not made lightly, and we acknowledge the impact it may have had on your overall experience. We value your feedback and will use it to continually improve our services. If there's anything specific you'd like to discuss or if there are additional details you'd like to share, please feel free to reach out to our management team. We hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Kind regards, Lucia

Reviewed 22 December 2023

This is the last time we will stay in a Hilton hotel, in this country at least.
The rooms are adequate but basic and damage to most of the furniture in the room, only plus is a good view of the cricket ground. Traffic noise very obvious especially on the balcony.
We chose to eat in the restaurant and to say we were disappointed is an understatement. The ambiance in the restaurant is akin to a roadside Cafe' and the staff are disinterested and have limited knowledge. I chose a steak as it is Beefy's restaurant and as soon as it arrived I could tell by the colour that it had been thawed out and nearly cooked in a microwave oven, very bland and disappointing. It was accompanied with portions of chips and mushrooms both far too large for a normal appetite. We also had wine but poor choice and quality and overpriced.
Next the breakfast, first of all the wife drinks tea and the only thing to drink it from was a large heavy mug, who drinks tea from such a thing ?
I love a coffee in the morning and was as let down as the wife as it tasted fowl.
The only bread that was available was sliced bread for toasting, there were no rolls etc. and it also seems that fresh fruit not available in Portsmouth.
If your planning on staying before a cruise think again as it's no better than a 2 star hotel.

Room tip: Book somewhere else
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hilton Ageas Bowl, Other at Hilton Southampton - Utilita Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2023

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel and I apologise that you were disappointed with your stay. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 21 December 2023 via mobile

All the staff were so helpful and the beds /rooms/bathroom were extremely clean and comfortable too.

We ate in the restaurant in the evening which was exceptional, excellent quality and very good service.
Variety of options for breakfast were impressive , and all very nice too.

We have no hesitation in recommending the hotel and a perfect place to enjoy a lovely , though quite challenging, golf course !

Room tip: Heavy rain can affect the golf course and mean it can be closed so perhaps check it out ahead of time and use the spa instead!
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking and thank you for your feedback regarding the room. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future. Sincerely, Lilly Guest Relations Manager Hilton at The Ageas Bowl

Reviewed 20 December 2023 via mobile

I have visited this hotel on many occasions and never felt the need to leave a negative review but unfortunately this visit was very disappointing. To begin with the bathroom was filthy debris in all corners, rotted door frame, hairs all over and even the toilet roll looked as though it had been attacked by a cat all torn and tattered. The headboard which is faux leather had hand prints all over and the tea/coffee tray had a lot of someone else’s crumbs on it. The breakfast was one of the worst I’ve had at any hotel. I did of course address this with the receptionist and was refunded £28 for the breakfast. But to be fair between the two of us we had 1 glass orange juice, 1 Coffee and 1 small bowl of natural yogurt. And I think £28 to be a very steep price.

Room tip: Avoid the breakfast very costly for the quality on offer. M&S is just a short walk where you will get better quality at a reasonable price
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and I sincerely apologise for the inconveniences and negative experience you encountered during your visit. I am truly disappointed to hear that the cleanliness of your room did not meet our expectation. Our housekeeping team prides themselves on providing a high standard of cleanliness, so I apologise for falling short on this occasion. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and I apologise that your stay was not how expected. If you decide to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact us so we ensure you have a great stay.

Kind regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2023

Arrived at the hotel last night went into my room and it was shocking, everything was dirty like they had missed out the room the hallways were filthy rubbish scattered all over the floor.. I’ve stayed at many Hilton’s and this one is by far the worst! To top it off in the morning I went down for breakfast which I assumed would be a proper breakfast but it was a Buffett so I didn’t eat breakfast at all I had a juicy and was charged £14 for it! Very disappointed- I don’t think this should be advertised as a 4* hotel that’s for sure

Room tip: Avoid if u can
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.