We have just returned from a great two night stay at the Chilworth Manor. We have stayed before and also had our wedding at the hotel in May 2009.
This time we booked via the Best Western website as a weekend away and got a good DBB rate in a Superior room, which was located in the manor building and was lovely. This is the first time I have stayed in one of these rooms and I would look to do so again, Note that there is no lift to this area, but porter service was offered.
The dinner on both evenings was lovely, with good service. Buffet breakfast was as you would typically expect for a UK hotel. There was a wedding on one night but we were advised at reception and it did not interfere with our stay. There was some music late but this finished at midnight and was not an issue.
The front drive is lovely and worth a walk and explore, I do agree with the previous comments and feel some flowers on the rear terrace outside of the conservation area would add to the appeal. We did not use the leisure facilities but they looked impressive.
If the hotel could make one change I would like to see a bar/lounge created that overlooks the front or rear gardens as sitting in the hall does not always suit and it seems a shame not to be able to see outside from in, but this would be in a perfect world.
The Best Western logo does get in your face a bit much, but to be expected and it was the first time we had been since the BW tie up.
Overall a good hotel, that provides good value and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor Hotel lies just 4 miles from Southampton, amongst 12 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds. Right next door to a conservation area, this wonderful retreat is worlds away, but not far away, from the city centre. An Edwardian Manor house, the hotel is an ideal place to get away from it all and is particularly peaceful for romantic breaks! Though close to Southampton city centre and port, and the transport links that take you there, we think you'll find more than enough to keep you occupied here at the hotel. Why not work out in our state-of-the-art leisure facilities, or treat yourself to some quality time in our spa?****FREE WIFI ***** FREE CAR PARKING ***** FREE USE OF HEALTH CLUB***** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Superbreak UK so you can book your BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel Southampton
- Chilworth Manor Southampton
- Chilworth Manor Hotel Southampton