“Mostly great, excellent value!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilworth
Montreal, Canada
“Mostly great, excellent value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed here on the nights of 11-12 November prior to a transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary. The hotel is excellent value for money, the cuisine is very good and the staff are really first rate. That said, the rooms could do with a bit of "refreshing". Although acceptable, they are showing wear. But for a stay of a few nights or a weekend in the country, this hotel is hard to beat. The grounds are stunning and the rooms are quiet, unless of course the hotel is packed for a wedding reception (those are always unpredictable as to what the guests get up to).

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the reception rooms, in case there is a wedding party having a bash dur...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
ChilworthManor, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Northern 1941,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent pre cruise stay at the hotel.

I was delighted with your comments in respect of our cuisine and ‘first rate staff’.

We are currently going threw a decoration program of our bedrooms, hopefully in the new year we will see the continued investment into our bedrooms, which will allow us to develop the overall experience for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Polish first
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

stayed here prior to cruise with friends. room and bathroom good size and clean, great views over the grounds. found all staff very friendly and polite. great choice at breakfast.comfortable bar area for a quite drink. would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Turnaround S
Dear Turnaround S,

I was really pleased to read your comments and glad you had a relaxed and enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I used to have a lot of massage but work has been getting in the way lately. I've been suffering from headaches and my Dr suggested having a neck and back massage so I booked myself in the The Club at Chilworth Manor. I can honestly say that I've never had a better massage. Leanne was wonderful! I carry all my stress in my shoulders and they always hurt but she was really gentle and took time to work the knots out. I had a wonderful relaxing time and will be definitely booking a regular course

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear catwoman 40,

I was delighted to read Leanne in our comfort zone spa was able to help you; Leanne has been with us for sometime and due to her quality has built up a regular client base. She will be delighted to know of your high praise.

We hope to welcome you back to our spa very soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We chiose thios hotel for a one night stay before a cruise. We wanted something a bot better than our usual choice of HI Express. We also wanted an hotel with a decent restaurant.

This hotel is in an idyllic setting and has a spa (swimming pool etc) in a seperate building which is free to use for guests. (we didn't have time to avail ourselves of this facility).

We had pre-booked a table in the restaurant and were not disappointed. The quality of the service and food was as you would expect it to be for the price. (Our meal cost just over £60 for the two of us - but you get what you pay for in this restaurant) The food was excellent and the service was unrushed and poilite and attentive. Breakfast was served in the same room and offered a very wide choice of cooked items as well as danish pastries, cereals, rolls, toast, preserves fruit etc...

So why, you are probably asking have I only rated it a 3?

Well, for such an imposing building, a lovely lounge/bar area and restaurant I was expecting this to be echoed in the bedroom. Unfortunately this proved not to be the case. The room we had (which i assume is standard as we booked about a year in advance) was no larger and possibly smaller than those you find in budget hotels such as HI Express and Travel Lodge. The beds were very hard, almost no 'give at all, even under my weight (and I am larger than many). The most uninspiring aspect were the bed headboards - believe it or not they were neither attached to the wall nor to the beds!! Free standing and not very stable.AND THIS IS A 3 Star hotel!! AND the room cost £144 (b&b) Perhaps the AA should revisit and look in the roomm we had!

I hope there are better rooms than the one we had (perhaps we should have complained but they were busy with private parties - the hotel has loads of function rooms).

Would I stay again? Possibly, if I wanted a nice evening meal, but more comfort can be easily found elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
ChilworthManor, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Revnick,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor.

I was delighted with your comments relating to our cuisine and beautiful setting. I was obviously disappointed that there were issues with your bedroom. Following our exchange of emails I was able to investigate further and ensure the issues had been rectified.

I appreciate the time you have given to help us improve. I really hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Once again with thanks

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in October, reception staff were a little rude when we checked in.
Room was ok, nothing fantastic, was clean but wouldnt pay the price to stay again.
Breakfast had a good choice.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Melissa C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel.

I am sorry if you felt any of our front desk team was slightly rude, I am sure this was not there intention. We normally receive praise for the friendliness of our staff; I will bring this matter up with our Head Receptionist.

We certainly don’t strive to be ‘average’ and I am disappointed you felt we were, we will continue to work hard and make improvements to our service and facilities where we can. We always aim to deliver a great customer experience.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

A beautiful building and grounds are at the end of a long drive full of character.

We were able to find a parking space although a wedding saw the car park full.

We were greeted by Emma on the reception who was very professional and gave us a lovely welcome. Her manner and level of helpfulness was excellent.

We were shown to our room although wedding guests stood around in the bar area and made it difficult for us to get through. Maybe this is an area that could be reviewed?

Our room was beautiful, with lovely views with a high standard of cleanliness. The bed was very comfortable with nice linen. The room was a comfortable temperature.

We used room service and the food was very tasted, well presented and arrived in good time. The menu was excellent with a good selection of dishes available.

The bar has a relaxed atmosphere with the decor of that of a country house. It is nice to see the character kept rather than making it something it is not.

During our stay every member of staff was very helpful.

The Manor is set in a good position in a lovely area of the country.

We did not use the spa.

Overall we had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Metatarsals,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent 3-day break at the hotel.

I was delighted to learn you had a really enjoyable stay and in particular that Emma on our front desk has greeted you so warmly and got your stay with us off to a great start.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed at Chilworth Manor with friends in late October. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean. Very reasonable prices.
Overall experience was excellent would not hesitate to return to Chilworth Manor

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear wendy h,

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel, I was delighted to read that you wouldn’t hesitate in returning, that means allot to the team.

I was glad you found the rooms to be very clean and the staff friendly and helpful throughout your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilworth
Grand Harbour Hotel
#3 of 24 in Southampton
Solent Hotel & Spa
Solent Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Whiteley

Been to BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor? Share your experiences!