“Absolutely fantastic!!! ;-) Highly recommend !!”

Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilworth
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I took my mum here for her 60th birthday as a surprise.. The staff were exceptional, nothing was too much trouble .. The room we stayed in for 3 nights was room 320- it was perfect- good size plenty of room.. Nice comfortable furnishings and very clean and felt homely!.. I had arranged a surprise cream tea for friends to attend on one afternoon to which was ready on time and very well presented- cakes/sandwiches etc looked very delicious and it didn't disappoint us!! Again service was fabulous and they kept filling it up (food/tea etc) without us having to ask once !;-) very organised .. I had also booked a spa day which again was absolutely fantastic- we had 4 treatments by very warm and welcoming staff making my mum feel like a million dollars!- balloons/champers were there for her arrival and personalised itinerary to which she loved!- the Health Club manager Kris Hillary had all this arranged to perfection (we had conversations prior to arriving)- his attention to detail and warm welcoming made our day- he even checked on us whilst were were in the pool to ensure everything was ok- and his warm but professional approach obviously rubs off on his staff as they too were brilliant and worked to a very high standard! (We are fussy!) the girls were fab and made mums day ... I has also at ages for a surprise meal - the head waiter Mo - right from the word go showed how committed he was to ensuring everything went to plan!- from placing decorations on the table/ family guests seated and placing them by the tree so mum would see them on the way to her meal!- food and service was fabulous and again nothing was to much trouble - someone needed a cushion/fan etc this was done without query or hesitation !! Food was out altogether and tasty! Mo was brilliant bringing it altogether .. The manager steve was also great the ought our stay ensuring we had everything we needed!- anyway- I hope this shows what a great time we had and or everyone to see!! (I would write in but public won't see that!- thanks to all at Chilworth Manor you were great! We will be back ;-)

• Stayed: December 2013
ChilworthManor, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

ear Rachelwartnaby,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, the team will really appreciate your comments.

We all enjoyed looking after your party and we are delighted it went so well.

Please do come back and visit again soon.

Stephen Marriott

Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Wanted to try alternative hotel offering parking and transfer to cruise terminal. Family party requiring five rooms, all the rooms were of various standards, one had to be changed due to strong smell of smoking by previous resident. Rooms of basic style, but plenty of space and clean.
Evening meal and breakfast average.
Car parking is slightly shambolic you just park where you find a space in the grounds, not secure, hotel will not even keep your keys, I asked what happens if car alarm goes off, answer ' your battery will go flat'.
When we returned from cruise two weeks later people standing waiting on spaces to park their cars.
On a positive note the taxi firm hotel uses for transfer from hotel to docks and return we're very efficient.

Stayed: October 2013

Dear postcard13,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent pre cruise stay at the hotel.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay overall and you found the bedrooms both comfortable and clean.

With respect to our parking, we advertise the package you chose as having un-secured parking. Once our Pre cruise parking bays are full we do use other parking areas within the hotel grounds. Due to insurance limitations we have never accepted guest car keys. Our onsite parking and the tremendous saving this offers travellers have always proven very popular.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

The hotel is, as you can guess from its name, located in what was once a manor house; thus it is not your average modern hotel, but rather old fashioned and much more beautiful. Our room was in need of re-decoration, but it was comfortable and had everything we needed. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble for the staff, which was just as well since one of the bedside lamps wasn't working when we arrived! (This was put right immediately I reported it). Breakfast was, disappointingly, DIY but apart from the fried eggs which had congealed and looked like the plastic eggs you get in practical joke kits, it was well cooked and tasty. Jam, marmalade and honey were all available, in large pots on the toast table - you can imagine how sticky the pots and their spoons could (and did!) become after a very short time.

Room Tip: The hotel is set in beautifully kept grounds and I would imagine that all the views are good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jennifer P,

Many thanks for your review of the hotel, I am pleased you found the grounds and the manor beautiful and our team helpful throughout your stay.

I am sorry to learn you found breakfast slightly disappointing; we have recently improved our breakfast offer to include a selection of coffees, more breads and fruits. It is something both the AA inspector and BEST WETSERN auditor have made positive comments about recently.

I hope you will return again in the future where I’m sure you will enjoy a lovely breakfast.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I recently organised an event in a private function room at Chilworth Manor for a relatives 80th birthday. There were fourteen of us in attendance of all ages and different food tastes, so it was important to find a place that could cater for all of our needs; there were vegetarians present and we ranged in age from four-year-olds to 80-year-olds. I must say that this was a fantastic night. The staff were impressively professional and maintained the perfect mix of being attentive and ever-present, as well as giving us our privacy and time needed to celebrate. Claudio was in charge of the function was brilliant: I highly reccomend him. The sales team, were also very helpful in organising the event and always kept me up-to-date and were always more than happy to help if I needed to make amendments to the night; for example we pushed back the event start time by an hour and this was not a problem.

The highlight of the night was the food, however. There must be a talented team of chefs working at this hotel as the menu was innovative, yet it managed to maintain a traditional feel. There was not one complaint amongst the guests and there really was a good selection. The children's menu was fantastic and really fairly priced, and the food consumed by us adults was exquisite; I had an English meat antipasti board for starter, and pork belly for main course; both were brilliant. The tastes are well thought out and compliment each other! I was informed that they change there menus regularly so I will look forward to returning in the new year for a new menu. I cannot wait to see what the chef has up his sleeve.

None of us stayed at the hotel so I cannot comment about the rooms but I will conclude by saying that in terms of our experience with the food and staff at this hotel then I'd say it is second-to-none in Southampton and is definitely worth a visit! We will be back for sure.

Dear Jake T,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your recent experience at the hotel.

I was delighted to learn that such a special family event went so well and was enjoyed by all who attended.

Claudio has been with us for many years and I know he will be delighted with your comments.

We hope you and your family will return to the hotel again in the near future for more celebrations.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We had our annual family get together here. Entrance to hotel looked very festive, with two Christmas trees flanking the door. Good selection on the menu, and we were all pleased with our choices. Food was delicious and service good. Price was very reasonable. Would definitely recommend the restaurant.

We did not stay in the hotel, so cannot comment on the rooms.

Dear CarolS98,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our food and service, I was really pleased to see you had an enjoyable get together here.

We hope to welcome you back again next Christmas.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed here only as it was close to the local science park, where I had a meeting. Building looks grand, inside it is just tired. Had a 1970s look to the decor. The rooms are beaten up, and my bathroom had mould on the walls and on the sealing, plus a whining fan that disturbed sleep. Bed was comfy though, which was a bonus.

Dinner looked pretty dire so found better option in a nearby pub, and breakfast backed up my suspicion. Poor quality ingredients badly prepared.

The location is useful, it is a 15 min taxi from Southampton Airport Parkway railway station, and the science park is a 5 min walk, but unless you are doing this I cannot imagine you'd want to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilworth
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
New Place Hotel
#1 of 1 in Shirrell Heath
Winchester Royal Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton

Been to Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!