“A comfortable break”

Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilworth
Reviewed 27 December 2013

There is a long ornamental drive to the main building, which retains a lot of character and there is a spacious reception and gallery. We were given a room at the rear overlooking the garden, which was quiet, clean and comfortable if a little small. The breakfast was a typical self service, but there were cooked items available to order. The staff were quite friendly and the location is good for the town or motorway (north). The hotel is set in a large landscaped parkland and were were greeted by a herd of deer when we returned one evening.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ChilworthManor, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Expectal0t,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel.

I was delighted to learn that you had a peaceful and comfortable stay at the hotel, thank you also for commenting on the friendliness of our team.

I hope to welcome you back to the BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor again in the future.

Stephen Marriott

Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Just had Boxing Day lunch food , fine dining , yummie , brilliant staff wonderful , value for money fantastic . Mum and dads 60 th wedding anniversary . Great success thank you so much . Will look forward to return very shortly x

Stayed: December 2013

Dear FriendsSouthamptonUK,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of your experience in our restaurant on Boxing Day.

Your comments were wonderful to read and I know the team will appreciate your positive review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor again in the future.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Very nice Hotel Nice setting Food in the hotel restaurant was excellent and service very good. The hotel is easy location for visiting both Eastleigh or Southampton. I would definitely stop here again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Stephen D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor.

It was pleasing to read your very positive comments regarding our cuisine and the setting of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and really did not want to leave. Our room was perfect and the bed the most comfortable we have ever slept in. The range of food in the restaurant was limited, but we understand that was due the the hotel getting prepared for Christmas. Internet in our room was good for the first two days and then unavailable.
The hotel gave good value for money.
Lots of parking. Decor in the hotel was to a good standard. The hotel had an old world charm to it that we appreciate.
The staff very frendly and certainly very helpful.
We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: 228. It is one of hotel suites and very comfortable. Mind the step to the bathroom though.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
ChilworthManor, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear PeterWombat,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent 5-night break at the BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor.

I was really delighted to read you had such a comfortable stay and didn’t want to leave; I do hope you won’t keep it too long before you return.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights this hotel has lovely grounds and exterior! It's a shame about internally, the first room I stayed in the springs had gone on the mattress! The hotel was full so I had to sleep on the half of the mattress that wasn't so bad! As the bad side had a visiable hole where springs had gone lets put it. I woke several times through out the night as springs were pocking in my back! I ordered room service of a club sandwich and a Christmas pudding! The sandwich being £8 was bland and tasted of nothing which I managed 2 mouthfuls of! Being a sales manager I travel all over the country and thought it was only fair to inform management. So in the morning I explained this to a lovely gent who was DM that day named Adam! He took the food off my bill he came and looked at the mattress in my room and was shocked aswell. So he arranged for my room to be changed for my second night, well the food was better I ordered the antipasti starter and chips something you can't go wrong with! But again I woke several times with the uncomfortable mattress and here I am again this morning with a bad back! Will defineatly not be booking a best western again at £66 a night all I wanted was a comfy bed! I stay in b&bs that are £35 a night and are comfier than this hotel! The interior is old and is need of updating as bathroom suites are old and carpets are wearing thin! Shame as I was really hoping for more from this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear vickyenglish,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences of the hotel and thank you for your kind comments regarding the exterior of the property and the lovely grounds.

I am sorry that you had an issue with your room service on the first evening and the comfort of your bed on both nights. We have hypnos beds in all of our rooms, regarded as one of the best bed manufactures in the world, I will be inspected the rooms you stayed in with Adam who looked after you so well and our Maintenance Manager, if the beds require replacing then they will be.

Again I am sorry your stay was not as you had hoped, thank you for sharing your review.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Excellent value for money. The hotel is conveniently located for Southampton/Winchester. It is a stunning building in splendid surroundings. The evening meal was good value and all the staff (reception, bar, and restaurant were friendly and professional.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
ChilworthManor, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Malcolm C,

Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel, I was delighted with your comments, especially your remarks about the BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor being excellent value for money.

I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

We hope to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Great hotel. Friendly staff. Rooms are basic and could probably do with a decorate but are not unpleasant in any way and the bed was comfortable and room was clean. Lovely grounds also. Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Beckels,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was thrilled to learn you felt we were a ‘great hotel’ and you had a comfortable and pleasant stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor again in the near future.

Stephen Marriott

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilworth
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
New Place Hotel
#1 of 1 in Shirrell Heath
Winchester Royal Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton

Been to Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!