“romantic getaway”

Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilworth
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stay was superb from start to finish. Great check in, amazing room, superb food and impeccable service. The restaurant Manager was extremely helpful during our stay going out of his way to make our experience as enjoyable as possible.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,464)

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We have only been here one night, we absolutely love everything about this hotel.
The staff are so friendly and helpful, the room lovely and clean, bed is very comfortable. the hotel is a credit to the Best Western chain. we had dinner in the restaurant last night and the food was lovely, and we are booked in there tonight. We have still got 4 nights left, and honestly I would recommend a stay here. We will certainly be coming back again.
I don't how this hotel can get such bad reviews.
I will put a more detailed review when we unfortunately check out.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
ChilworthManor, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable (if nondescript) room and a good dinner. Breakfast however initially looked great but on closer inspection had lost the will to live several hours before we sat down. Zoe on reception deserves a special mention. We wanted some chocolate and there was no public vending machine so Zoe went into the staff room to use the one there. Excellent customer service. My main disappointment was that we choose Best Western hotels because they are not a global chain but are usually independent and quirky. This place however was clearly aimed at the conference market. You know the sort of place, a country house as the heart of the hotel with acres of identical bedrooms and meeting rooms hidden behind. If you don't mind this then the hotel is perfectly acceptable.

1  Thank andyp19

Dear Andy P,

Many thanks for your recent review and for mentioning Zoe, I have made her aware and she was delighted with your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Regards

Stephen Marriott
BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was excited about going to Chilworth Manor as I used to live near it and had always heard how lovely and posh it was, well how wrong could I be!
My sister and I checked into our twin room on sunday pm and were instantly disapointed, the room was very dated - old, faded wish washy floral portraits, curtains were old and split at the top, there was a draft coming from the windows and you could see wood pieces were split around the window were the draft was obviously coming from.

THE BEDS WERE AWFUL!!! and what really ruined the night, they were hard and you constantly felt like you were on a ship, if you turned to the side it was almost like the matress was going to cave in or felt really wobbly almost like the springs had gone. My sister and I did not sleep and couldn't wait for the morning to come so we could leave, My sister had to use her coat as an extra pillow as they were rubbish too.
We later met some family in the bar/lounge area and 2 people wanted hot chocolate and another wanted green tea, the young waiter firstly told us they didn't have green tea, he then came back with the other drinks excluding the 2 hot chocolates. We saw the waiter walking about everywhere and thought he had forgotten about the 2 drinks then finally after waiting about 10 minutes he brought the hot chocolates over. My mother and I tasted the hot chocolate and both thought it tasted of frothed up milk, no hot chocolate in it. I questioned the waiter and said can we have another one that actually had chocolate in it - BAD MISTAKE, the waiter then went walking about for 10 mins and finally came back and said "im sorry we dont have any more hot chocolate sachets left, I just used the last one" ! So that was why our hot chocolates didn't taste like they should. That was really low for a hotel - no hot chocolate or green tea! We weren't impressed and the lad took it off our bill.
Dinner time arrives and my sister and I ordered food which was actually ok but the waiter was so eager we paid upfront, we said we might have more drinks or a pudding and said we would pay after if that was ok. The waiter then came back with our bill and asked us how we were going to pay, again we told him and said we would pay after we had finished eating. We finally finshed our dinner and he brought the bill which we asked for and guess what asked us how we were going to pay, we said cash and he just stood there watching us take out all our money. It seems the 2 different waiters that served us were very pushy and eager to get the money from us straight away but not so keen to serve promptly or what we wanted and no smiles to be seen anywhere.
Overall the service was terrible, there needs to be some training and management about and the hotel in general needs a complete refurb or at least modernised in some way and you need to ditch those horrible beds, take some advice from premier inn!
Sorry to say the hotel was a complete let down and did not live up to the expectation I had always heard or used to drive by so many times.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank fay f
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The reception staff were unhelpful at best. They did not take the time to note the reservation details upon arrival and consequently processed us on arrival for 1 night rather than 3 nights on the confirmed reservation. When I tried to discuss the confirmed reservation with them so that they could retrieve the details they were not interested.I had to go through all the reservation information again as they would not look at their computer system. Furthermore, once this was all booked in, I found the next morning after breakfast we were locked out of the room as they had checked us out after the 1 sleep. To try to get this rectified, I had to deal with yet another member of reception staff who was not interested and would not actually attend to sorting the room keys out. All she did (repeatedly) was ask if we had any nice plans for the day. Eventually another reception staff member came over and sorted the room keys but she too was not interested in checking the booking to confirm the reservation was for 1 night not 3. I had to insist. The room itself was average. It was on the other side of the hotel which wasn't a problem but to get to the rooms you had to pass through a very long, musty, unkempt passageway where all the rooms were used for storage. It does not leave a good first impression. For a hotel that has a lovely welcoming seating/bar area and a nicely presented restaurant, the continuity to keep the rooms and passageways along the same lines is not evident. Decor beyond the common areas is very tired and needs updating. I would not recommend this for a stay and will not be staying here again. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rh4366
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilworth
DoubleTree by Hilton Southampton
#1 of 13 in Winchester
Passford House
Passford House
#3 of 7 in Lymington

Been to Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!