We cHeckled in at what we were told was a preferential rate which I have found out was over 100% more expensive than a Saturday night at Easter, which I find most bizarre! We were having Buck's Fizz and canapés prior to our meal, this was ok however I noticed that the food had been brought out and put on warmers 10 minutes before we were due to sit down, I should have realised at that point it was not going to be that great but I sat down looking forward to dinner. The food was, at best, average with steak so tough that most people took it back due to not being able to cut it let alone chew a piece in under five minutes, it was an 80th after all, looking after the majorities teeth should have been, at least, considered. Most didn't finish their steak and swapped it for the minted lamb and pancetta which could have been any kind of meat as the pancetta smokiness overwhelmed any other flavour, however it did not require much chewing, so maybe a little better. The vegetables were vegetables, the vegetarian option was vegetables. So we moved on to the sweet with a 2 inch diameter lemon tart with more pastry than filling and a chocolate trellis with passion fruit mousse which was best to have missed, nothing was offered to the people with egg allergy and in actual fact the staff couldn't tell us what had egg in and what didn't. All followed up by coffee and mints. Mints were perfect but the coffee was so week and we got one cup! Unfortunately breakfast was not much better. They tried to seat us away from all of the family on a table for two when we knew there were at least two others joining us. They ran out of teaspoons, mugs, pastries, tomato ketchup and fresh bread. Otherwise the cooked breakfast was good. This is not what I expect from a best western and has tainted my view somewhat. Look at my other trip posts and you will see I rarely even find fault, let alone complain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor Hotel lies just 4 miles from Southampton, amongst 12 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds. Right next door to a conservation area, this wonderful retreat is worlds away, but not far away, from the city centre. An Edwardian Manor house, the hotel is an ideal place to get away from it all and is particularly peaceful for romantic breaks! Though close to Southampton city centre and port, and the transport links that take you there, we think you'll find more than enough to keep you occupied here at the hotel. Why not work out in our state-of-the-art leisure facilities, or treat yourself to some quality time in our spa?****FREE WIFI ***** FREE CAR PARKING ***** FREE USE OF HEALTH CLUB***** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel Southampton
- Chilworth Manor Southampton
- Chilworth Manor Hotel Southampton