“A great weekend getaway place”

Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilworth
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A lovelly hotel in wonderful ground. Nice and clean and very comfortable. Breakfast pricing is a bit steep. Just the kind of location we needed for a 30th wedding anniversary break. Not much to do in Souhampton but a good base to reach Portsmouth and them to go SW and visit Exbury and Lepe Country Park.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark_Ruth_B_1963
ChilworthManor, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Mark_Ruth_B_1963,

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay and congratulations on your 30th wedding anniversary, I’m am delighted you chose to mark this special occasion with a break at the hotel.

We hope you will consider returning to us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is somewhat tired albeit in lovely grounds. I would only stay as part of a pre cruise parking package - there are much better Best Westerns - Kendal and Harrogate to name two.

Bedroom was clean but basic and faded. Room 107. The beds were like planks of wood - I like a firm mattress but this was ridiculous! Was much better when we stayed in August.

Breakfast was below par for Best Western - closer to Holiday Inn Express. Did not like look of menu so ate out - can highly recommend Jehangir about three miles away!

Reception was excellent and the lady at the desk could not have been nicer.

The other plus was the taxi service to and from port which was outstanding.

Paid £175 for twin room for B&B, taxis each way to port, and 10 days parking. Not too bad but will spread net a bit wider for next cruise and see what other options are available.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Satisco

Dear Satisco,

Thank you for taking the time to review your second stay with us on our pre cruise package, I was sorry to learn that we did not meet the 5 star standards of your first stay with us.

I have noted your comments and we will certainly be using them as part of our ongoing review process.

We hope you will consider returning to us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were at a wedding last night at the Chilworth Manor. Great venue with all guests well looked after. Food was really good but I have to say all of the staff assigned to the event were superb starting with the Event Manager and running through to the waiting and bar staff. If you are looking at somewhere as a wedding venue this is a really good option so take a look.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear RobSFC,

Thank you for your very kind feedback, I was delighted to read you had such an enjoyable time whilst at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Excellent hotel. Great staff, facilities and service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Southampton. It is close enough to be easy to get in but far enough out to be very quiet. I will certainly book again when I next am in the area. It is a hotel I would be happy to recommend to family and friends

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear 391Colinm,

Many thanks for your recent review; I am pleased you found our staff, facilities and service to be of an excellent standard.

Your recommendation is very appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

When I googled this hotel I loved the looks and amazing grounds and so I was looking forward to the stay.

My disappointment started right after the arrival.. The hotel decor is really, really old and very out of fashion.

There was several meetings going on and everybody seemed very busy so I decided to have a coffee and work a little.. It took over 5 minutes for somebody to appear at the bar. I finally got my coffee and wanted to work... The sofas and chair are very comfy but would benefit from some "freshen up"...

The rooms are exactly the same as the rest of this hotel - out of fashion, very old and not what we were expecting. It is very easy to get to the city centre and it takes just minutes but I think the hotel needs a major makeover....

Our room was good size though..

Overall, I would recommend this hotel in case you are coming for business and need functionality over fancy decor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ChilworthManor, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Bgirl79,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at the hotel.

The heart of the hotel is a traditional Edwardian Manor house and although we try to keep up to date with technology; such as an excellent free WIFI and very modern Health Club we do believe there has to be a balance. And given the age and history of the Manor the more modern ‘fancy’ décor you refer to may not be in keeping.

We refurbished the main hall in 2010 along with the restaurant and since then we have been decorating bedrooms and in recent months corridors. We will continue to strive towards higher standards and an improved customer experience.

We hope you will consider returning to the BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here for one night. Wished I was staying for longer. The building and gardens are one of the most gorgeous I have stayed in. The staff were very helpful, bar food menu could have been a bit better ie: bar food style and not restaurant based. Room was a good size, clean, everything you need was provided. Breakfast in the morning was self service but very nice. I don't think the prices for a nights stay was reflected in the ambiance. They could have charged more.
Absolutely loved e place, just wished it was nearer to where I live. This is a hidden gem in the Best Western Crown.
Thank you for a lovely stay. :))))))

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear colandally,

Many thanks for your very positive review, I was delighted to read your comments and so pleased you had an enjoyable, relaxing stay and the team looked after you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had a wonderful weekend at this hotel the room was lovely, the bed was comfortable and the bathrooms had all we needed.The grounds were very pretty and great to walk in. The staff were very friendly and the restuarant was very nice, with lovely food. We also enjoyed the complimentary use of 'The Club' the gym facility associated with the hotel. The pool, steam room, sauna and the Jacuzzi made the trip even more special. Overall, very pleased to have chosen this hotel and will definitely be recommending it to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Maria T,

Thank you for your lovely positive review, I am so pleased you had a wonderful weekend with us.

Your comments regarding our lovely team and pretty grounds were really appreciated, thank you.

Stephen Marriott

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilworth
The Potters Heron
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
The Winchester Hotel & spa
The Winchester Hotel & spa
#7 of 13 in Winchester

Been to Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!