“Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chilworth
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Wedding”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just had our wedding here, just a brilliant day. Fantsatic staff and lovely food made for a wonderful day. And the breakfast the next morning was lovely, just what we all needed!! The Bridal Suite was roomy and comfortable, overlooking the lawns. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ChilworthManor, General Manager at Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear lucy m,

Firstly congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you so much for choosing to celebrate such an important milestone in your lives with us at the hotel.

I am thrilled with your review and really happy to learn the whole team and the quality of our cuisine were are part of making your day so special.

Please come and visit again soon

Stephen Marriott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Polish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for one night and it was my first visit since Best Western took over.

My room was very nice (309) however there was black mould above the shower on the ceiling which is disgusting, no sence that anyone has tried to clean it off or re-paint it.

The afternoon bar staff disappear and leave people standing at the bar up to 15 minutes waiting to be served, this is also very poor.

The restaurant is very good, the food is excellent although the restaurant Manager need some more training as he really hasn't a clue, it was a bit like Fawlty Towers at times.

Slept very well, bed was very comfy. Breakfast was a joke, tasteless self servcie buffet, the lady taking room numbers must be part of the bar staff as she kept dissappearing as well to leave people to fend for themselves. The overfill restaurant is also a storage area with tabels and chairs stacked up.

Please don't be fooled into thinking the name is everything as with this property under Best Western Chilwroth Manor is a basic 3 star hotel. I will stay again if in the area but exepct it to be very average each time.

Cleaning tip for the hotel - When you have had a wedding check the gardens which as there were empty glasses everywhere and rubbish all over the place. Surely this is basic.

Room Tip: Rooms in the house I believe are better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bigbird1334,

Thank you for your recent review, I am thankful for your positive comments relating to our quality cuisine and the large comfy beds we offer.

I note your comments relating to areas of improvement and we will certainly look to improve room 309 immediately. We are currently undergoing an enhancement program of public corridors and bedrooms that will last throughout 2014 and will deliver a superior experience to our guests.

I’d like to mention that Best Western do not own the property, the board of directors has remained the same since 2001 along with the senior management team and many of the key personnel throughout the hotel. As a company we chose to become a part of the Best Western brand in 2010, they have been a huge support with regards marketing the hotel. Although your stay was not to your liking they have help guide and support us with multiple improvements that directly impact our guests; such as free WIFI for all our guests and an excellent Rewards card product.

I hope in your future stays you will benefit from the improvements we are implementing.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently stayed at Chilworth Manor for the weekend for my 22nd birthday as a present. I have never complained before but was so disappointed I thought I should. The room was beyond basic and very out dated which wasn't a huge problem, just not what we expected. So, we went to the 'spa' to see what was there, turned out to be just a pool with a couple of rooms off the side. There was no area to relax and then had to wait for the class to finish before we could even get in the pool.
The worst part was actually sleeping, our room was facing one of the venue rooms which happened to have a wedding the first evening. The disco was so loud we were trying to sleep with pillows over our heads. So we rang reception and they said it finished at midnight and there were no other rooms available to move to. It did turn off on the dot of midnight which was good.
We were looking forward to a nice full english breakfast, however the food from the buffet was all cold and the 'fresh' fruit salad had all come out of tins.
We then went to reception to ask if there was another wedding that evening and saw there were actually two more weddings. We thought whats the point of staying in a hotel where we couldn't actually sleep so left a day early and went home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah W
Dear Hannah W,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent experience of the hotel, I was very sorry to learn your stay was not what you expected and I’d like to offer my most sincere apologies for that.

Unfortunately from your tripadvisor username I am unable to identify you in our system so I can’t investigate this matter further. I’d invite you to contact me on smarriott@chilworth-manor.co.uk so that I can help resolve this matter for you.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived on a friday evening for a 2 night stay, unfortunately having booked a twin room we where advised we had a double, although we are good friends sharing a small double was not our idea of fun. Eventually they agreed to provide ano single room at no extra charge. 10/10 for customer service.
it soon be came apparent that this is a popular wedding venue - 1 in full swing when we arrived, 2 on the saturday and one on the Sunday. My room was right above one of the venues and the noise was loud until midnight when the disco finished.
We used the club on the saturday - sadly the spa was fully booked so book well in advance, the gym and pool where very nice and well equipped.
we got a taxi to West quay £12 each way and to the cricket ground for a concert £15 each way
As previous posted say - it was a little tired and pictures certainly do it justice but good value for money.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Karen A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from you recent 2-night break at the hotel. I am pleased you felt our customer service was 10 out of 10 and the team resolved the issue with your accommodation quickly.

I am pleased to learn you took in what Southampton has to offer with a trip to the fantastic West Quay and to one of the best Arena’s in the South; I trust you enjoyed the concert.

I am sorry you were unable to book treatments in our Spa during your stay, it is very popular with local residents as well as spa breaks and I would always recommend booking in advance.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Saratoga
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The grounds are lovely and the building impressive, but this hotel is geared for conferences and weddings. Parking was impossible with all the people attending several conferences and a wedding. The wedding was being held in the Lounge. It was impossible to get to our room without dragging our suitcases through the festivities. The hotel location was also not good for touring. Everything was a long drive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear janetr12831,

Many thanks for your recent review, I was obviously disappointed that we did exceed or indeed meet your expectations.

The hotel has over 250 free car parking spaces plus additional spaces in our health club; unfortunately not all spaces are located in close proximity to the entrance of the hotel.

Although the wedding party briefly gathered in the main lounge whilst they were waiting to be announced to their private event suite I can assure you that we do not host any events in our main lounge. We are regularly asked to do so, however it is the centrepiece of this beautiful Manor and the main meeting area for our residents so it is not practical. I am sorry if seating was limited for a short time, we do offer a private residents lounge during busy periods in the main hall.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Never been to Chilworth until now and would highly recommend the spa they have.

Friendly and obliging staff make you feel immediately comfortable. The spa itself is located a short walk from the hotel which makes it quiet and private... perfect.

I had a facial and back massage, both of which were brilliant and thoroughly enjoyed my facial which was great even for my sensitive skin.

Overall a very relaxing and enjoyable day. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Emily J,

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed for first ever experience of the spa and you felt your treatments were ‘brilliant’.

Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Visited the Club as part of a birthday group. Steven on reception was friendly and inviting , had set up our robes and towels on a table already before we arrived.

Mel my spa spealist was fantastic, had the most amazing massage and facial with some very lovely products! Never had a nicer facial and I work in beauty!

Unlimited juice , a selection of teas and a great wine list with our lunch. Really can't recommend Chilworth enough!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank MissMae91
Dear MissMae1,

Thank you for such a glowing review, I know Steve and Mel were very pleased you were happy with the service they provided. To receive such rave reviews from somebody with the industry is very flattering for the team.

Stephen Marriott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chilworth
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
Grand Harbour Hotel
Grand Harbour Hotel
#19 of 25 in Southampton
Holiday Inn Southampton - Eastleigh M3,jct13

Been to Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!