We booked a two night stay at this hotel because a web page called I know Hampshire stated that it was pet friendly, it's certainly not, although we booked in for our first night stay with our small lap dog with us at reception, we took her out for several walks through the day having to walk through the main part of the hotel, not once did anybody ask what we were doing there with a dog not until the next morning when I was returning to the hotel from a walk with our dog I was asked by the hotel manager what I thought I was doing going up to the bedrooms with a dog, when I explained that I was staying there for a two night break his reply was not with that thing you won't be we don't allow dogs in this hotel, when I tried to explain we had booked it through afore mentioned web site we were told that that not possible we don't allow pets, I informed the manager that because of his rude behaviour towards me, we would leave immediately, when I told my husband what had happened, we got the web site up on our laptop went back down stairs got the manager to come to our room and showed him the site which stated in big letters that they were pet friendly, he took pictures on his phone of the web page apologised said we could stay the second night but we would have to be very low key when taking our dog for exercise, well need less to say we didn't stop we checked out and booked into the Hilton 4 star hotel just down the road where we couldn't have been made more welcome and had a wonderful stay what a brilliant hotel, alas it might sound like sour grapes but besides our run in with the management at the Chilworth Manor I would not recommend this hotel to anybody its bad décor is very outdated the quality of the food is very poor and quality of service is not good, upside very helpful and efficient receptionist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Chilworth Manor Hotel lies just 4 miles from Southampton, amongst 12 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds. Right next door to a conservation area, this wonderful retreat is worlds away, but not far away, from the city centre. An Edwardian Manor house, the hotel is an ideal place to get away from it all and is particularly peaceful for romantic breaks! Though close to Southampton city centre and port, and the transport links that take you there, we think you'll find more than enough to keep you occupied here at the hotel. Why not work out in our state-of-the-art leisure facilities, or treat yourself to some quality time in our spa?****FREE WIFI ***** FREE CAR PARKING ***** FREE USE OF HEALTH CLUB***** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Chilworth Manor Hotel Southampton
- Chilworth Manor Southampton
- Chilworth Manor Hotel Southampton