“The perfect day!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Chilworth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Mothers Day lunch for 4 of us. Service was exemplary and the two Managers David and Mo made us feel very welcome. The food was gorgeous and the Mothers were even given special little cakes in a box to take away which was a fantastic gesture and ensured that we will be back for a Sunday lunch very very soon! Both Mothers were over the moon. Thank you all very much.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband, daughter and future son-in-law dined for the first time at this restaurant; the reason being that the venue topped the list of possible wedding venues, but before making a final decision, we obviously wanted to taste the food. We were not disappointed! Service throughout was attentive but not overly obtrusive, the surroundings were very comfortable and the food was very good value. My first course of medallion of hare with carrot cake and orange jelly sounded intriguing and I was very glad I took a chance on something I had not tried before, as the dish did indeed come with little 'carrot cakes' and rounds of orange jelly whose sweetness went perfectly with the meat. Other choices for starter were mushroom soup, scallops and a tian of lobster and salmon, all of which went down equally well. My main course was beautifully cooked venison. I also enjoyed a delicious dessert of rhubarb and prosecco parfait with delightfully 'short' biscuits and two miniature filled warm doughnuts, presented as per the menu in a little cellophane bag tied with ribbon. My daughter chose an array of mini chocolate themed desserts, including a dinky bottle containing a milkshake, crème brulee, etc; the standouts for me being the chocolate tart and the sorbet. The bread and butter pudding chosen by the men in the party also went down well (but I think the ladies' choices won out this time!) Coffee and tea were served in the comfort of the bar area. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable meal out and we will certainly have no worries regarding the standard of the wedding breakfast in 2015!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Been to the restaurant at Chilworth Manor many times and the food is mind-blowing! The creativity, unique ingredients, presentation and of course, the taste, always make a visit, one to remember! Thoroughly recommended!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Beautiful venue and formal dining room. The food was equal to the grand surroundings. My family were celebrating my daughter's birthday, ages from 4 to76. With a wide range of choices to suit all tastes, we all enjoyed our meals. The food was well presented, cooked to perfection and served with a smile. Any queries regarding the menu were answered and special requests were dealt with and no errors were made. Nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel very special by the friendly and attentive staff. We are all looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

11 of us went to chilworth for a birthday celebration including one child, the food was absolutely exceptional, my daughter was catered for brilliantly and the service was second to none! Would highly recommend!