“Just a chippy”

Goodies Fish & Chips
Ranked #15 of 24 Restaurants in Totton
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Having stopped using Goodies as the prices seem to be running away with them selfs for the amount you are given. Unfortunately there is limited alternatives in Totton . We use a chipshop in coxford on a Saturday that could teach Goodies a thing or two about value for money. I think it needs someone to open another chippy in Totton to give competition .

There are newer reviews for Goodies Fish & Chips

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I think this is one of the best outlets in the area for fish and chips. At the end of the day it is a fish and chip shop not a n AA rosette restaurant so delivers exactly what you would expect. I have never found the chips to be soggy and greasy and more often than not nothing I have had has been cooked and kept hot for very long. Minor disadvantage should you want plaice and are in a hurry as it is always freshly cooked so it seems that is their policy not to have food for long periods in the heated cabinet, quietly drying out! The sit in section is a bit basic but nonetheless clean and well looked after but then fish & chips often taste best out of the paper.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were late and very hungry when our friends recommended Goodies, we were surprised to see how busy the venue was at such a late hour (1045pm). there were 7 of us and we all had fish and chips in the restaurant, staff really warm and friendly. Service was prompt. Facilites nice and clean. The fish and chips were very good, good sized portions and nice and fresh and we all enjoyed. Highly recommended

1  Thank SmudgeWestWales
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I only use the takeaway on a semi-regular basis. Usually reliable with the chips - fish batter can be overpowering and greasy. Portion sizes modest! Probably still the best chippy in Totton but that's not exactly a major achievement. Staff could be a bit cheerier - always seems a frosty atmosphere when I go in - maybe that's just me though!!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I just don't think they are the greatest chips. They taste overcooked and yet they're not crispy. They are quite thick cut and sometimes not cooked all the way through. They remind me of oven chips, yuk! My deep fat fryer does a good chip, but I am sometimes too lazy for my own good.