“The ultimate getaway: luxury, generosity...”

Review of Katana Villa

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
3 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Bunutan, Karangasem, Bali

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 73 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chinese (Simplified) first
Swedish first
Any
AimeeWQ
Berkeley, California
“The ultimate getaway: luxury, generosity, relaxation, beauty in every detail”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Katana Villa, and it was beyond what our imagination could conjure for the ultimate getaway. First off, every detail was beautifully, artistically, and uniquely created. It's soothing to see beauty everywhere you look. Secondly, the staff was amazing. We felt so well taken care of. Made Sani and Wayan were wonderful and went above and beyond to make us feel at home and cared for. I now understand why so many people say this is the best place to stay in Bali. It was actually the nicest place I've ever stayed in all my travels, period. It's a perfect place for pretty much any gathering: it was perfect for our honeymoon, but I can see how it would also be great for kids, excellent for a family reunion, or great fun for a group of friends. The two-story pool was amazing. The slide was great fun, as was the pool tunnel/cave. The photos don't do this magical place justice. Stay here... you won't regret it. I can't wait to return.

Travelling group: Couples
4 May 2017
Thank you so much Aimee! Everyone is doing well and we have not forgotten your times at Katana. We hope to see you again!
The_Bali...
Seminyak, Indonesia
“too short stay...but perfect!”
Reviewed 3 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

When i arrived at Katana Villa with my family, I instantaneously knew that 3 nights here were not going to be enough... We were greeted by Made and Wayan, both super friendly and very helpful.
The villa is just amazing. Very original in terms of colors, material, it is also really comfortable. The beddings are really great as well as the feather pillows! All 3 bedrooms are completely different and all very charming and highly decorated with great mix of influences.
The pool has a great shape and the water slide and fountains (that we can stop when we want) are perfect addition. The sea views are simply stunning and sunrise was amazing.

Breakfast were simple but great, diner at the villa (ordered from Made's restaurant) was perfect to enjoy the villa even more but there is room for improvement for the quality of food. It was perfect not to have to go out every night though.
Internet was fast for Bali standard

Will definitely be back. Highly recommended. Also considering how all the booking process with Leslie was super easy.

Benjamin

4 May 2017
Thank you Benjamin! We hope to welcome you back one day!
MarshaC89...
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
“My wonderful stay at Katana Villa”
Reviewed 29 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

I had a class in Amed, Bali last week and Katana Villa was only available for two nights..but what a glorious two days it was. The views are gorgeous. The villa is beautiful and unique and has the most lovely staff. Thank you Wayan, Made and Iluh. I just wish I could have stayed all week. I will definitely go back. I live in Bali on the other side of the island but I plan on making Katana Villa my home away from home when I want a quiet retreat. I swam at night and the stars are so bright. The wifi was great also. I love the first class gym there.

Travelling group: Solo
4 May 2017
Thank you ! It's not every day we get a solo visitor... so I appreciate your review. I also enjoy my times alone there.... it is a very peaceful and healing place.
You are always welcome to return any time you want!
-WenMingM...
Singapore, Singapore
“Magical Place Created with Such Love...”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Made Sani, Pak Wayan and the rest of the staff of Katana Villa for making us so at home and making our trip so memorable in Amed!

It is my first trip ever to Bali and the hospitality of all of you have made this a trip to remember!

The design of the entire villa is beyond believe, and all details were looked into. I could literally see and feel the efforts that were put into the design of the place.

Katana Villa was really built to be a home for every tired traveller looking for a resting place.

The place looks like a home + a fairytale + a magical rainforest and it really is a wonderful stay for anyone who is looking for some restful time away from the hustle and bustle in Kuta and Seminyak etc.

I love the floor, the sofa, the bed, the sheets, the bathroom, the swimming pool, the kitchen, Geisha our faithful bodyguard etc etc... I simply love everything!!!

And I'll definitely miss the Pisang Goreng from Pak Wayan! Wish I could have more! Guess I'll have to come back again sometime to pester him to make me more Pisang Goreng another time! ;p

Travelling group: Friends
4 May 2017
Dear Ming Mei, I know i thanked you privately for this sweet review (a long time ago..haha)... and now I can do it publicly. Thank you!! Not everyone takes time to write reviews, but they are much appreciated! I hope you can return again with your mommy Rubi..... We all loved having you both ;-)
ctimesthr...
Perth, Australia
“Christmas at Katana”
Reviewed 30 March 2013 for a stay in December 2012

We had an amazing three week stay at Katana Villa over the Christmas and New Year period 2012/13
Our family of five adults and two children had a fantastic time, the architecture is amazing and the grounds are really well designed and beautiful. there was always something just around the corner to look at and admire. I love the outdoor living area! So relaxing and enjoyable. I must of spent 80% of our time there just kicking back and enjoying the scenery.
The pool was in constant use and the frogs and turtles kept the kids occupied for some time. Amed is a great spot. Diving was good and during our three week stay we never got hassled by the locals once in regards to the 'hard sells'
Wayan, Made Sani, Eka and Made were gracious hosts, Made Sani was wonderful, nothing was too much trouble for her. Wayan was amazing, laid back and very helpful with a good sense of humour. We miss the staff there as for us they were one of the highlights of the trip.
We did a roast pig for Xmas balinese style, babi guling. WOW what an experience! We were involved in the whole process the whole time, from the selection, to the killing, to the cooking! If your the squeamish type then I am sure you could be as involved as you wanted to be, I thoroughly reccomend you give it a go! Made Sani and Wayan were there on hand to provide their experience and we had a really good time and learnt a lot.
Thanks Leslie and everyone there, hope to see you again in the future!

Martin, Shauna, Cormack and Ciara

Dear Cormack, Ciara, Martin and Shauna,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely and detailed review! We all hope to see you again in the future. Katana will always be there for you... ;-)
orchidsan...
Tubingen, Germany
“Paradise, beauty and the feeling of home”
Reviewed 26 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Friday evening, Made kindly picked us up at the airport and brought us safely to your beautiful home. Everyone was there to greet us at midnight, Wajan and his family and Geisha, the guardian, who only made friends with us the next morning after checking us out.

We are marveling at the overall design of a very special Asian garden, pools and house.
It is not merely a lovely private home, it is an awe-inspiring museum that you have created.

we are marveling, too, at the magnificent, ever-changing view from the master-bedroom, at the beauty of the furniture, the fantastic craftsmanship, the imagination of the woodcarvers, the dignity of the various doors and pillars, indicating the transition from the profane to the sacred, from "outside" to "inside".

We can see that you had happy young children in mind, by constructing a water slide and a cave to swim through, complete with smiling deer to encourage the faint of heart. there is a fabulous gymnasium for those who wish to stay fit, a library for days of heavy monsoon rains, beautiful works of art from Africa, lofty ceilings and traditional, thatched Balinese roofs where natural air circulation takes place.

The bathroom off the master bedroom is an enchanting place to be, to look out over the mountains and the treetops, under the eyes of a gentle Buddha and two friendly lions. The bow and arrow, the dagger, inlaid or painted on the floor, are they part of some Hindu legend?

We began our day snorkeling on Jelekud ? beach, finding many colorful fish around the coral reef, and we ended our day by swimming under a starry sky in your heavenly pool, eye to eye with a little frog who disappeared into the night.

We are feeling very much at home, very much pampered by your staff, and it is obvious that they take both pride and pleasure in looking after your home.
Were we ever to spend longer time here, I would want to do something useful and help the children learn or practice their English. They seem bright and eager to learn.

We can imagine that you are missing Katana Villa, especially during the cold winter in Germany. we send you a package full of soothing sounds and smells, the gentle croaking of a frog, the perfume of your white Frangipani, and the sound of the wind and the surf.

With all our good wishes to you,

Claudia and Eberhart

Travelling group: Couples
4 May 2017
Dear Claudia,I know I thanked you at the time I first read your review, but have not had a chance to publicly thank you for taking the time to write something so lovely and vivid.
I hope you and Eberhart are doing well and we hope to welcome you back one day!
JackieVeg...
Australind, Australia
“What a Magical Experience 15-Jan 2013 to 28-Jan 2013”
Reviewed 4 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

WOW where do we start!

We stayed at the villa for two weeks and everyone was so attentive...even the animals :-)
THe staff were to die for. They always made sure we were safe, well and always made sure everything was ok for us at the villa. Wayan's breakfast's were THE best! No where else serves better pancakes:-)
The pool was amazing, the whole villa was amazing, the animals and the staff were the best. We have felt as though we have made a real bond with the people there and Leslie also with keeping up with the emails :-)
This is an experience you or anyone could never forget. We had such a relaxing time. If you ever needed something, the staff were always there to help you out.
It was THE holiday we will never, ever forget! We are missing everyone over there immensley due to feeling the bond that we made.
Waeni's was gorgeous! The meal and cocktails were to die for!
Leslie, thankyou so much for everything you have provided to us. You have made this holiday such a memorable experience and your staff are so valuable!

4 May 2017
Jackie!! Sorry for the delay in responding to your very kind review! I remember you well. Everyone is doing great at Katana... all the animals are still good. Shuto has grown and now we have a new rescue... a baby luwak named Moley. have you seen our Facebook page? Glad you liked the pancakes so much! I thought them how to make it 'french style'... more like a crepe than like the rubber pancakes that are served at other places. But now since Katana's pancakes have gotten somewhat famous in Amed... other places are stealing my recipe!!! haha.....
We hope to welcome your lovely family back one day !
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing