“Amazing views, unique design.”

Review of Katana Villa

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
3 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Bunutan, Karangasem, Bali

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 73 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chinese (Simplified) first
Swedish first
Any
Beau B
Lafayette, Colorado
“Amazing views, unique design.”
Reviewed 28 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Beautiful, unique design. Attentive staff, and a welcoming atmosphere made this a luxurious and relaxing stay. I'm not used to being pampered so well. It may seem like there's not as much going on on this side of the island compared to Kuta/Denpasar. We found several great restaurants and snorkeling spots very close to Katana Villa. It was nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of the big towns.

Cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Friends
Thank you so much!
MrsTholbe...
Los Angeles, California
“Three AMAZING Weeks at Katana Villa”
Reviewed 28 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My husband and I spent our 1 year anniversary/honeymoon at Katana Villa in April, it was PHENOMENAL. We loved every little detail of the villa - from the amazing staff (We miss Wayan and the girls, and especially Made, Iluh and Noah) to the awesome decor and tranquility of the property.

Every morning Wayan, Komang and Iluh Dolle would make us breakfast while we looked out over the gorgeous pool and enjoyed the peaceful waterfall. We'd swim in the late morning or take the scooter to a nearby bay for some snorkeling and come back in time for Made Sani's staff to stop by and see if we wanted to buy lunch. We truly didn't even have to leave the villa if we didn't want to!

Made and Iluh really made us feel at home with their wonderful smiles and very well spoken English. It was an absolute delight to get to know their family throughout our stay. We feel like we made lifelong friends! They brought the monkey, Shuto, in for a visit on a few occasions and let us watch him swim and eat and groom the cat (what an odd couple the monkey and the cat!). Speaking of the cat...Leo would greet us with a boisterous "meow-by" every morning while we ate breakfast and it would make us laugh every single day. The dog, Geisha, is one of the happiest dogs I've ever met. And she keeps an eye on the property so you know you are well looked after. Having these happy, wonderfully cared for animals around really made the villa stand out to me. I had never experienced something like that before.

The water slide into the pool was a ton of fun and we really enjoyed counting the frogs in the rocks every morning. (If they get too noisy, you can ask Wayan or Made to move them, but we really enjoyed having them around and they didn't make much noise during our trip.) We were in the pool every single day of our stay- it was so nice!

We would love love LOVE to come back to Katana Villa in the next couple of years and bring our 3 children. They would have such a fantastic time! This place is perfect for a romantic getaway, a trip with family, or a trip with friends. We cannot wait until our next stay at this amazing villa!

It was fantastic working with Leslie for our reservation. She answered my 8 million questions (I'd never been to Bali!) and was always very friendly and excited for us to be going to Katana Villa. She put us in touch with Made Sani who picked us up at our hotel in Kuta and drove us to Katana Villa. Made Sani was very knowledgeable about the area and pointed out a few interesting things for us along the drive.

We had Made Rata drive us around Amed and to a few snorkeling locations thorughout our stay and we enjoyed talking with him so much that we asked him to take us back to Kuta on our return trip. Everyone was so amazing and they were such wonderful people to work with!

I have so much more to say about our amazing time in Amed, but you really need to take a look yourself. Every day was a relaxing adventure - and I didn't even know that was possible! We can't wait to go back.

Rooms Cleanliness
Travelling group: Couples
4 May 2017
Thank you Chris and Jessica! What a sweet review. I know I thanked you personally after I read this...but was not able to get into my private trip advisor box until now (lost password). Everyone at Katana misses you and still speak about you... especially EKA. She loves you. I hope you guys can make it back again one day with your kids... wouldn't that be wonderful!!! ;-)
Sonia R
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Katana Villa - Amed”
Reviewed 21 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

Wow, Katana Villa was my favorite place that I stayed while in Bali. The decor of the place is so unique and it seems they thought of every tiny detail when designing it.

Leslie, the owner, was prompt and warm in her responses and provided all the information I needed.

The people who work at Katana Villa (Made Sani, Wayan) are equally warm and helpful.

I loved:
- The bathroom was so unique. There in a large tub, a shower that comes down over a beautiful statue, and Sandalwood soaps.
- The bedroom is huge and the bed is so comfortable. The room opens up to a balcony that overlooks the pool and beyond that a beautiful view.
- Breakfast was delicious - fresh fruit, coffee, eggs, toast. It was so peaceful to sit in the kitchen area.
-The place feels luxurious while still homelike and that you're part of nature rather than staying indoors away from it. And in Bali, that was what I was looking for.
- The area of Amed is beautiful. It feels less touristy than the other parts of Bali I had visited in the same trip (Ubud, Jimbaran, Ulu Watu). I went for a long walk one morning along the coastline and that was one of my favorite mornings on my trip. There is snorkeling, diving, or you can just sit on the beach and take in how beautiful it is. For just a 4 hour drive from Ubud, I am so glad that I came out to Amed and spent time there.
- I was looking for a few days of relaxation and this was my first time traveling solo - Katana was the perfect place to stay. I hope to return one day with friends/family!! If you have the chance to stay here, definitely book it.

Thank you so much Leslie!!

Sonia

Travelling group: Solo
4 May 2017
Sonia dear, Thank you for this sweet review. It was such a pleasure to have you and we hope to see you again one day! My best wishes ;-)
OldMoscow...
Moscow
“few tips before you go”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

I red a lot of reviews before my trip in June 2013. And there was no one even with rating 4, only 5. So, yes, Katana has its own magic.
However, possibly this villa is not your type of, if:
1. You are afraid of insects and animals (bats, lizards,frogs, etc.).
2. You are addicted to 5 stars hotels, nevertheless service was excellent

Now few tips:
1. Beach - we didn't like the nearby beach (just few minutes walking), so ask Wayan and he'll explain the road to the good one or deliver you. Keep in mind, that beach chairs and umbrellas for fee
2. Fishing - possibly, we're not lucky, but fishing with local fisherman was not too exciting
3. Snorkeling - there are few good snorkeling places not far from villa. Better to have your own gear.
4. Breakfast - was perfect
5. Lunch and Dinner. You can ask to serve both on villa or there are few outside places. The nearest one is just on the beach
6. Insects - periodically check your luggage. we found ants in it and spent an hour to rid of. Ask for repellent
7. Blackout - we had it once. Thanks to Wayan, he arrived quickly and fixed the issues.

P.S. I would like to say thank you for all Katana villa staff. All of them were extremely helpful. Special thanks to Wayan.

Travelling group: Family
4 May 2017
haha!! I have to laugh... because it is very true !! Even though Katana Villa is paradise for many , we are not paradise for all...!! So thank you for listing the various things, especially the possible insect... because we have a grass roof and are partly outdoors (in the living room), all set in the middle of nature, it is expected to deal with the elements of nature...So if someone is finicky about nature and all that comes with it... it's better they not book at Katana Villa ;-) And on the same note... I'm very pleased that you enjoyed yourselves and gave us 5 stars. You are a doll!
Kellymomk...
North Mankato, Minnesota
“Tranquillity at its finest!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Katana Villa was a little slice of heaven. The attention to detail that was put into the architectural design is amazing. We ventured out in the evening to see the sunset and explore the area a bit but other than that we spent our time at the villa. There is really no reason to leave the peace and tranquility that Katana offers. The staff were wonderful and took great care in making sure we had everything we needed. I loved the privacy we had and having the whole pool and grounds to ourselves. I hope to make it back to Bali again in the future and when I do Katana Villa will be a must on my itinerary.

Location Cleanliness
Travelling group: Family
4 May 2017
Thank you so much and we certainly hope to welcome you back! ;-)
xtacie
san francisco
“gracious again!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

I just wanted to give a shout out to the the Katana Villa owner Leslie. She was prompt with her responses and was very understanding about our scheduling limitations. Although our plans didn't pan out this time we will do whatever it takes to visit this magical place again!!!!

Travelling group: Couples
4 May 2017
Funny that you mention how prompt I am .. and now everyone can see that it took me 3 years to respond to this very sweet review from you!!! ( I have to laugh at myself) In any case, I know we were in great touch at the time (sorry to not see this review sooner).
I do remember how disappointed you were that you couldn't make it over so I sincerely hope one day we can welcome you... ;-)
Tanja K
Munich, Germany
“Magic sums it up best!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Katana is a magical place! I saw the pictures before we went there and they were amazing but seeing the place made me loose my words. We walked into a peace of paradise. The architecture of the villa and the pool is so different, something i've never seen before (and I travel a lot in world). There are so many details in every room that i found new surprises every day. Antiques, art and things from all over the world make the villa a huge piece of art!
The more than friendly smiles of Wayan, Made Sani, Iluh Eka made me so happy. The staff contributed a huge part in my well-feeling during my stay. Made Sani showed us around the area, took us to markets and temples and cooked the best food.
The monkey who lives there is so cute, geisha the watchdog is so beautiful and sweet with the cats. Toby though, the parrot became my favourite pet :-)
Leslie, with her beautiful spirit makes this place a piece of paradise! I am so grateful to know Leslie and to have stayed at Katana. This adventure will stay in my heart and I will definitely come back!

Location Cleanliness
Travelling group: Paare
4 May 2017
Tanja!! Wow... I know I thanked you in person at the time you wrote this lovely review, and now I can do it publicly... thank you! It was such a pleasure to welcome you and your mother. I thank you /her again for the amazing lotion gift!!! And I hope you are both doing well now. Everyone is great ... no changes at Katana... just better than ever actually. All my best wishes! ;-)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing