“Just beautiful”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Villa -
3 Bedrooms, 4 Bathrooms, Sleeps 8
Bunutan, Karangasem, Bali

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 73 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chinese (Simplified) first
Any
LukasToll
“Just beautiful”
Reviewed 4 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

You will fall in love. If it is with the people, the food, the landscape, the beautiful villa with the amazing detail and feel-at-home-vibe or one of the incredibly cute animals living on the property. We have been travelling asia for just over 2 months before we visited katana and the villa togerher with the surrounding region of amed is definetly up there at the top.
Far away from kuta (where we stayed before), its loudness and tourists, amed feels like a different world. You can see more of the real indonesia and so many besutiful hotspots (if you get on one of the scooters or just book a trip through the staff) which are in eastern bali, such as beautiful temples, like the "mother temple" in besakih or the mount agung. You can also go diving at the huge 100m large shipwreck just off the coast or decide to snorkel at a smaller one. Snorkelling is a must do in general as amed has a lot of corals and way different underwater landscape than any we have seen before. Also if you have any questions, uncertainties or needs, the incredible staff or the owner Leslie will help you as fast and as good as they can!
And if you dont feel like going out you can easily enjoy the villa by itself for days without getting bored as there is always something to discover or ne of the animals to keep you engaged.
If we have the chance to come back there is no doubt we will!

Visit was for: Privat
Travelling group: Freunde
4 May 2017
Thank you for this sweet and detailed review. I am very happy you enjoyed yourselves so much and we look forward to your return! ;-)
Pgruppo
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Villa in Amed!”
Reviewed 29 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Katana Villa is a unique Villa themed with Balinese/Indonesian art from “head-to-toe”. It is located on the main beach road near Amed, and is on the hillside. Overall we had a great experience. We went with a couple of friends, the mother in law and our 2 year old daughter. The villa was fairly baby friendly, with loads of animals that kept my daughters attention throughout the day. The staff was very friendly and helpful, making sure we had a pleasant experience. Leslie (the owner), was very fast to answer emails and to make sure everything was well organized. She was great.

The only negative I would say is that the Villa does need a “spiff up”. It was built about 10-15 years ago, so you can notice the wear and tear that it has experienced over the years. With the exception of that, it was everything we were looking for. Well located (especially for diving enthusiasts), excellent staff, rustic/balinese setting. It made for a very nice holiday.

Travelling group: Family
4 May 2017
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy you all enjoyed yourselves so much. And I always appreciate hearing what I can do to improve, especially since I do not live on the property. So, thank you for our input. I never know exactly what the condition is at the time unless a guest informs me, so I thank you for this. Since you were there we have done some renovations. I think you would be happy with how it is now ;-)
MCBeaudoi...
Montreal, Canada
“If Paradise exists you will find it at Katana Villa”
Reviewed 16 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The place is an overwhelming paradise. The staff take such good care of us. The breakfast is amazingly good. You must take the pancakes with roasted coconut. Amed is a beautiful quiet town, not too touristic yet. You will find there the true Bali. You will be able to snorkle near by. The restaurant around are perfect. You can take the scooter and drive around the town without stress...There is a beautiful view point for the sunset. Back at the villa you will feel like a princess (if you are a girl). There are art pieces all over the villa for you to discover and admire. I am missing words to describe this place... it was a ineffable experience!

Location Cleanliness
Travelling group: Couples
4 May 2017
I am very happy to read you enjoyed yourselves so much. Thank you for your kind words. It truly warms my heart and we hope to welcome your lovely back one day!
Chienli
Hong Kong, China
“Lovely place, wonderful staff”
Reviewed 15 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

Friends and I went over for our new year gathering and it was a great and relaxing experience. The staff was super helpful and friendly, making the entire experience worry free for us. We also liked how this experience was much more intimate and warm compared to the typical hotel experience (see photos of all the nice friendly pets they have at the place, including a dog called Geisha which barked initially when she met us but became super friendly)

Value Location
Travelling group: Friends
4 May 2017
It's so nice to read this. Thank you for mentioning how intimate it is at Katana Villa... because we are nothing like a hotel ... and this is one of the most charming things about staying with us...
And... if you ever return I am sure Geisha will remember you! She, like our other pets form bonds with guests and get excited when they return! ;-)
Ans D
Siem
“Fairy tale”
Reviewed 31 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

What a fairy tale this house is. It is a house that definiitely has a wow factor when you see it the first time. But this house keeps surprising you. We were here for 4 nights with 7 persons. Every moment we found new details, new eyecatchers. This house has been made with love, fantasy, humor and style. We tried to count the many images of anaimal on statues, door handles, floordecoration, furniture, ect. but there were so many! The different rooms were magnificent. The garden, the pool, the slide, the waterfall, the cave ( our childeren had a big laugh at the images there), sweet Toby, the parrot, the motorbikes, it all was super. Also we were so happy with the staff. The service was so wonderful. Every day we had a lovely breakfast, Wayan was sweet and excellent, he also helped us with every wish, question, problem, transportation (many thanks for helping and driving us with the motorbikes), had suggestions for things to do, etc. Also Iluh and Made who live in the Rapunzel tower at the the entrance of the Katana estate were great.
We had a fairy tale stay at Katana. A memory to take with you and a dream to be back.

Value Cleanliness
Travelling group: Gezinnen
4 May 2017
What a delight to read this. I can't believe i missed it for this long (shame on me!). thank you for your kind review and I hope the memory of Katana Villa is still strong in your minds and hearts. It would be great to welcome you all back again!
Mike C
Morgan Hill, California
“Gorgeous home in a beautiful area on Bali”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We absolutely love the place. My wife and I took the bedroom upstairs, which has an amazing view of the pool and the grounds, and the sea in the distance. My friend took the key-hole room & enjoyed a little space when she needed it. And, my daughter took the third room and loved the room, her bathroom and her privacy.

It was nice to have all the animals around also, felt like home - Toby the bird was one of my daughter's favorite (and I think she was one of his).

The staff was very attentive and took great care of us. Thanks to Ms. Made Sani for getting us to the villa (first time we went anywhere in Bali without getting lost). Leslie was right to warn us about driving in Bali - it's not for the faint of heart, but in the end we were glad we decided to drive.

One thing we missed out on was the snorkeling - we decided to go on our last day, but the surf was very heavy that day & nobody was going out - my advice if you stay there, snorkel when the sea is good & plan other activities around that.

Thank you, Leslie, for sharing your beautiful place with us, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Rooms Location
Travelling group: Family
4 May 2017
You are so welcome... it was my pleasure to have you all there! And I'm proud of your driving skills. I remember now you telling me about that. Today it is so easy with google maps ;-) Please tell your daughter that Toby is doing GREAT. He is more loving that ever and when I am home we let him fly across the yard...but I have to be careful, one time he landed right in front of Shuto and that was a fright for both of them! haha...
Haya H
“Magical Villa in Amed Gave us a Perfect Family Vacation We Will Never Forget”
Reviewed 14 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

AMAZING AND LIFE CHANGING!

My family recently got back from an eight night stay at Villa Katana and by the second night we were already planning our return. Everything about Villa Katana –the architecture, the grounds, the location, the staff, the owner, the air itself – was extraordinary and when combined together with Bali magic made for an incredible family vacation that we will never forget. We stayed in beautiful resort hotels in Nusa Dua (the Laguna) and Ubud (Alaya) on our trip, and Villa Katana was a more incredible experience in every way.

I am trying to find a way to describe how beautiful and special the property is and am having trouble finding the right superlatives. The architecture and décor are outstanding and designed with incredible attention to detail – the entire property is a work of art. Everywhere you look there is something beautiful and original. From the furnishings to the incredible high ceilings to the windows and doors, every aspect of the structures is creative, original and inspiring.

The three separate sleeping areas are each very spacious, unique and very comfortable, with comfortable beds and lovely linens. All of the bathrooms are beautiful, large and immaculate. There are expansive grounds with a gorgeous pool that has a water slide, waterfall, and secret “grotto”, lovely grassy areas, and lots of couches, loungers and tables for relaxing and dining. The location is incredibly private, with views of the ocean and mountains from every direction. There is something about the siting of the property that the breezes are better than they are right at the beach. We spent whole days around the fabulous pool, gardens and living spaces, enjoying the air and views, while the kids had a fantastic time jumping in and out of the pool, sliding on the water slide and playing with the local frogs. At first we made ourselves leave the Villa to explore the area, but finally we just gave in and realized that we really just wanted to spend all our time there.

The location of the property is fantastic. It is up a steep driveway which gives it wonderful views, privacy and breezes, but it is a very short walk (or scooter ride) to local restaurants, beaches, sail boat and snorkel rentals and the local mini market. We walked to the Arya Hotel for lunch one day and to another local place, Taman Bebek Hita, for dinner. Both were very good and very affordable. The Arya dining room is right on the beach and especially lovely -- I highly recommend it. The fast boat to Gilli Islands is close by if you want to try that experience while in the area -- we decided to stay at the Villa rather than go to Gilli.

It is hard to say too much about the staff at the Villa – they are incredible and by the end of our stay we definitely felt like we had made true friends in Bali. Wayan Dolly manages the cleaning and cooking staff, which includes his wife. He gave us scooter rides to and from restaurants when we did not feel like walking and took us on a memorable visit to his village, which is a short car ride away. If you have a chance you should ask him to take you there. Made Rata and his wife Ilu live just outside the Villa’s main grounds with their young son and take care of the grounds and animals (which include Shuto the monkey, Leo the cat, Toby the bird and Geisha the dog, all of whom add to the fun of staying at the Villa). They are lovely and warm and speak English very well. Made Rata also does private driving, and he took us on driving trips to and from Ubud, which included stopping at a great rafting trip, rice paddies and a temple in Klunkung. Made Sani is the general manager. She also provides driving services and picked us up from Sanur and took us to Nusa Dua when we left, stopping at interesting sites along the way. I highly recommend the "bat" cave temple and the Tirtagangaa Water Palace, which are on the drive and really amazing. Made Sane drove us around the Amed area wherever we needed to go, including to Wayan's village. She owns a lovely restaurant nearby, Waenies, where we dined several nights and watched the incredible sunset from her hilltop restaurant. Between Made Rata and Made Sani, you can have transportation wherever and whenever you want it. There are also scooters available for guest use, but we did not use them. We spent a lot of time chatting with the staff and became close friends. The last night of our stay Made Rata and Ilu made us an incredible feast for dinner as a goodbye gift– they have both worked in professional kitchens and are great cooks. We had fish sates, nasi goring, sweet and sour pork, homemade sambals, homemade spring rolls, and green beans with fresh coconut – it was our best meal in Bali. We all ate together in the lovely outdoor dining area. Everyone from Wayan to Made Sani was incredibly kind, friendly and warm – just listing what they did for us can’t convey how close we became over the week. We paid Made Sani and Made Rata standard local rates for the long drives -- about $50.00 U.S. Dollars, and tipped the whole staff at the end for everything they did for us.

The staff comes every morning to make breakfast and clean the rooms and grounds. The breakfasts were delicious – beautiful fruit plates, great coffee, perfect eggs and toast made to order, and amazing banana pancakes. They set a lovely table and keep the place immaculate. They also did all of our laundry to our exact specifications. They will make you breakfast whenever is convenient for you.

The owner of Villa Katana, Leslie, an American, really cares about her guests and does everything she can to make sure your visit is exceptional. She loves her staff and treats them like family and makes sure they treat you like a family friend as well. She is readily accessible by e-mail and will make sure everything you want or need is taken care of.

If you need a driver while you are in Bali, I highly recommend either Made Rata or Made Sani. They both speak English very well, have lovely cars and are great to be around. They provided all of our driving around Bali. Made Sani picked us up from Sanur and took us to Nusa Dua from Katana Villa, drove us back and forth to her restaurant and to Wayan’s village, and drove us to a great local snorkeling beach. Made Rata was our driver between Katana and Ubud, and took us to a great rafting place and some other sightseeing spots along the way. Their contact information is as follows:

Made Rata: rataeka@yahoo.com
Made Sane: sani.made@yahoo.com

I can’t say enough about our stay in Villa Katana. Visiting there is like visiting close friends who happen to have a spectacular villa property in Bali. The only negative was that it had to end.

4 May 2017
Thank you for writing such a detailed review so future guests can really know what to expect. I believe I wrote you in person to thank you for this review, but have not been able to access my trip advisor (lost the password) for over a year. Now I'm finally on and can publicly thank you for taking the time to write this.
All the animals are doing great and so is the staff.
We hope to welcome you back!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing