Meditasi Bungalows
US$49
US$65
US$59
Hotels.com
Alami Resort and Restaurant(Amed)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$21
Travelocity
US$88
US$60
All reviewssmiling buddhaluxury roomday bedbeautiful viewthe owneryoga classesfree yoga classorganic foodmosquito netprivate gardentraditional balinese foodcooking classlonely planetoffer yogasound of the wavesoutdoor bedquiet place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2013

good snorkelling. delicious food with a focus on regional specialties and organic foods. very simple rooms but zenlike in their simplicity and quite beautiful. a bed inside the bungalow and a bed on the balcony overlooking the sea. the food and drinks ended up adding up to quite a lot over a couple of days but not a lot by western standards.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buniola
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed two weeks in Meditasi as a solo traveller and I had an amazing time. My room was very comfortable and I loved the outdoor bathroom. The garden is perfectly maintained and the beach in front of the hotel is clean and nice - snorkelling is great but beware of the current which can be really really strong (the staff will warn you, listen to them!)
The room was cleaned every day, the towels and bed sheets were changed every other day. The rooms are quite dark though, and it would have been difficult to read at night without my kindle ;-)
The restaurant food is amazing, prepared with love and attention, always beautifully (and quickly!) served. The staff is extremely well trained and efficient. They all understand and speak English very well. The owner, smiling Buddha is a movie character, he is incredibly nice and attaching.
The atmosphere there is very special, very relaxing and friendly.
Meditasi is a whole experience, not a random guesthouse.

One bad point though, the neighours have roosters and they can be very very loud in the morning

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Emilie M
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This amazing place is everything and then more. From the minute I walked through the red doors I knew I was in a very special place. Nothing fancy, just clean and comfortable. The rooms have big comfortable beds with crisp sheets. The day bed on the patio overlooking the sea is perfect. The open air showers are clean and very spacious. Smiling Buddha and his staff could not be nicer. Everyone wanted me and my family to be happy. There is no internet or phone reception so be prepared to relax in the restaurant and eat the delicious food that is prepared with love and laughing salt! We came here to celebrate my birthday with my family .smiling Buddha and his staff went out of their way to make my day extra special, from the beautiful birthday cake to arranging a guitar player to come and sing after dinner I could not have had a better day. The meditation cave was unique and a perfect place to sit and be quiet. Our only regret was not being able to stay longer. Thank you smiling Buddha for being you.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bikingmom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

When we arrived saw the sign: no wifi, no TV, no stress. :) Haha. How true didn't even have mobile reception so we were very happy to enjoy reality of waves, sunrises from our bed, moonrises from our small chillout patio. If you want busy and to spend your vacation surfing on your phone...then this isn't the place for you. If you want off line conversations, reading books, snorkelling, nature...this is your place.

There is a meditation cave you can jump into --listen to the sound of a small waterfall to get you relaxed. Also extensive balinese veggie food and very strong kopi bali for breakfast. Make sure to ask the waiters about "laughing salt" The salt from Ahmed is very prized and sold to gourmet markets around the world....instead get it for free at Meditasi. This salt is not the same as the rest as Amed as it has something special...it makes you smile, laugh and be in a happy mood for rest of the day! If you don't believe me... just ask for it...and be ready to smile. Haha!!

PS. Price: When I was booking this accommodation I was surprised it said the price from $300...now I realize this was a typo mistake as the rooms/bungalows are actually from $30-60

Room Tip: Lucky Number 7 for romantic couples
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Starhawk029
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I am travelling for 6 weeks around Bali and last weekend I went to Amed because it was recommended by some friends....Amed is lovely and Meditasi Bungalows are simply amazing....
First, I was suppose to stay in "Good Karma" but it was fully booked so the staff recommends us Meditasi.
The entrance says "No internet, no tv, no stress!" and really you don't need it. This is place is super relaxing and romantic too. If you are a solo traveller is great too as there's always people around in the restaurant and there's yoga classes at 5pm in the garden by the sea too.
The bungalows were like a little temple, they had a big balcony with a big bed outside, an exterior bathroom and all made in bamboo but in really good conditions. The relation price-quality was amazing! The restaurant and the staff were super friendly too, we had a chat with them everyday about Hindu culture and places to go around Amed. The owner called himsel the "smiling Budha", really funny but very true! I highly recommend Amed in Bali and Meditasi Bungalows for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple