“Good but pricey”

Coconut Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Bunutan
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Coconut Restaurant at Santai Hotel Bali, Amed. International and Indonesian Cuisine. Relaxing lunch by the pool and by the sea. Romantic fine dining restaurant.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Probably the tastiest meal we had while in Amed, but it was easily the most expensive. The food was good (though everything was over-salted for our tastes), the service was excellent, the atmosphere was lovely, and the presentation was showy, but the price was more than double what you'll pay at the neighboring locally owned and operated restaurants. Everyone eating at Coconuts was either European, American, or Australian. So, if you're looking for some "local experiences," steer clear. If you want a steak, burrito, or grilled fish entree similar to that which you could have at home for less than you'd pay at home (but more than it's worth on Bali), have a meal here.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best meals I have ate in Bali. Yes, it is pricier then some other restaurants in town, prices are 75,000-200,000 for most dinners, but the atmosphere and food are well worth it. This is a nice restaurant with attentive and very pleasant staff and the food is amazing. I had mahi mahi, which I loved, and I heard other customers bragging about the tuna. I feel this meal was accurately priced for the quality and service I had.

2  Thank mego65
SantaiManagement, Manager at Coconut Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Mego65,

Thank you for your review and comments of CocoNut Restaurant in Santai Hotel.

We are happy that you satisfied the meals and enjoyed the atmosphere here. We thank you also for complimenting the attentive and pleasant of our waiter and waitress.

We look forward to welcome and serve you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Due to reviews, i went there to have lunch.The food was yummy service was great view was wonderful but its 40% more expensive than regular restaurants in the area

SantaiManagement, Manager at Coconut Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Baghlafturki,

Thank you for having lunch at our restaurant and your review about CocoNut restaurant in Santai Hotel.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your lunch, service of the staff and the restaurant view ( sea view ). We are sorry to know also that the food was over priced. We would like to verify why our food prices is more expensive than the other restaurant because we use the best quality ingredient as like fresh vegetables,salad etc supplied directly from the mount place (north of Bali), fresh fish catched by local fisherman in Amed, imported meat/steak from Australia, etc.

Coconut restaurant Team look forward to welcome and serve you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Came in last night with 2 of my mates, expecting good food from these other reviews- and was not let down. Amazing service, listening to the ocean and Balanese music mixed together with moutwatering food. A really good combination. The prices are from 45-200 thousand rhp(5-20AUS). But well worth it. I had fish and my mates had steaks, everything was perfect. If I find myself back in Bali, this will defs be on the itinerary!

1  Thank JonSigurdsson
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Great food, great atmosphere, great service...maybe 10% more expensive than other restaurants, but the flavours and quality of food is as good as you will find anywhere in Bali..and would be up there with the world's best..