“Themed nights at the Golf club”

Whitehead Golf Club Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Whitehead
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Whitehead, United Kingdom
“Themed nights at the Golf club”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I enjoyed a very nice French themed night at the Whitehead Golf Club. It was a buffet consisting of mussels, salad with brie for a starter, and bread. There were different kinds of potatoes with cheese, I had chips. The chicken was done in a beautiful sauce, ratatouille and a lovely lamb dish, and beef all in one delicious dinner. I had the lemon meringue pie. The staff were dressed up in French costumes.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Hanni_LR43

“Delicious!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Eight friends met for a meal last night. It was lovely! The waiter was friendly and helpful. The food arrived promptly and was very tasty indeed. We have a few fussy palates but there were no complaints. The price for main and dessert worked out £12 per head - very reasonable for what we had - main and shared desserts. Def worth a visit!!!

2 Thank CharlotteisGorgeous
“Perfect Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Today I chose the chicken with mushroom sauce, mashed and roast potatoes, broccoli, and carrots. It was very tasty. The piece of chicken was succulent, it was done to perfection. I enjoyed a glass of Chilean white wine. Dessert was strawberry pavlova - absolutely beautiful, I had that instead of the soup for a starter.
My friend ordered the same main meal and liked it. She had the apple tart for dessert.
The service at the table was very attentive, both girls were nice. The dining area is airy and spacious with a view that beats all. We could see all the way out too Scrabo Tower in County Down.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Hanni_LR43
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,254 helpful votes
“Fabulous Lunch,with extra Mushrooms.”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

A bunch of us ate our midday meal in "The Lighthouse Bistro". I ordered the fry with black pudding, specifically craving the black pudding. I got one, but there was no black pudding to be had that day. Booo. The mushrooms were also absent from my plate, but when I asked about those I did get a whole extra dish of them, and they were fabulous. Great recovery, in fact, because the bacon was SO good, the soda bread was great, everything was brilliant. (I must apologize for only getting a photo AFTER I'd merrily tucked in.) The price was very cheap. Staff very attentive and friendly. Staggeringly beautiful views all the way from Belfast Lough round to Larne Lough. Bags of free parking outside. Big tables on their decking for outdoor dining, but not in February! There's a bar (I wasn't drinking). Lots of original watercolours of the golf course around the walls of the dining area.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Steveodo
Whitehead, United Kingdom
“A great place for Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I chose their sirloin steak, which was absolutely scrumptious. The people at my table had more steak and the beef. The children had a big fry and a sandwich. The sirloin came with onion rings, a big salad and chips. It was all very tasty. I had a pavlova for dessert. The service was very attentive. The chef there is very good.

The view from the restaurant was lovely as usual, even the sun was out. The new scheme up there gives you 15% off your drinks and 10% off the food bill if you are a card holder for Irish Ladies Golf Union - for a year, so I'll be up there all the time!

• Visited February 2014