“A great place to stay, homely and beautifully decorated/furnished”

Whitecroft Farm B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Pylle B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay, homely and beautifully decorated/furnished”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed one night in order to attend a model railway show in Shepton Mallet along with friends.
Joanne was welcoming and helpful and immediately made us feel at home.
The accomodation is spacious and comfortable with a dinning and lounge area down below and beautifully furnished and finnished rooms above, my first thought was that I could live here.
Breakfast was super, I recommend Whitecroft Farm B&B.

Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
St Neots, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I received a warm welcome from Jo Ladd and her daughter, with a tea tray and even a home made cookie on arrival. The room was comfortable, quiet and imaculate, and looked out over the pleasant garden. There was an ensuite shower. There are two other rooms which I saw, and which looked equally comfortable - one was a double or twin, I can't remember which. For breakfast I had a boiled egg from one of their chickens, and delicious fruit salad, but there was a wide choice. Jo makes jam and gave me a free pot when I left, as I hadn't had the fried breakfast. Staying there was a very pleasant experience. The house is about five minutes' drive from Shepton Mallet, Somerset, and was perfectly easy to find.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I've stayed twice in the last couple of months while attending shows at the Royal Bath and West Showground in Shepton Mallet. The owner Joanne, who renovated the farmhouse, has designed and decorated very pleasant rooms. There's an excellent lounge with an open fire and a good selection of books on the ground floor. Good garden and good food, eggs coming from the owner's chickens. I've stayed in hundreds of hotels and B&B over the years and cannot think of anywhere where I've felt at home so quickly.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I had a wonderful stay at Whitecroft Farm. I am not usually a "B and B" person, preferring the anonymity of a large hotel, but I stayed here on the recommendation of a friend back home in Canada. The owner, Joanne, was a warm and welcoming host and offered tea and cake upon my arrival which is a lovely touch. My room was beautifully clean and had everything I needed, and the shower was wonderful - the best water pressure I've ever experienced in the UK! The farm is located a little outside the town of Shepton Mallet and was convenient for me to visit family nearby. It is directly opposite the Bath and West Showgrounds and apparently very close to the Glastonbury Festival site. Jo cooked a lovely breakfast, which included home-raised eggs, bacon and sausages. I was introduced to the chickens, all of which have names, (Sandra, Ashley, Margaret...!), and fed them, which was a bonus! As well, Jo's lovely dog, Kargo, was a constant companion as I walked around the garden.
All in all, a lovely stay at Whitecroft Farm and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone looking for a great Bed and Breakfast experience!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pylle
Bannatyne Hotel - Charlton House
#7 of 36 in Shepton Mallet
Longbridge House
Longbridge House
#5 of 36 in Shepton Mallet

Been to Whitecroft Farm B&B? Share your experiences!