“Out of this world!”

Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lower Hedge Farm
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lauratoll...
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Out of this world!”
Reviewed 12 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We were lucky enough to book Lower Hedge Farm for my sisters hen party weekend over the bank holiday. Absolutey amazing, the property is stunning and set in beautiful grounds. So peaceful and relaxing! Every aspect is thought out, the house has ALL the supplies you need. We arrived to find it in pristine condition and had some lovely complimentary biscuits and ciders! Everyone loved the weekend and commented on how lucky we were to find such luxury accommodation. Will definitely be returning.

18 May 2018
Thank you for such a fantastic review. We are glad to hear that you have such a nice time. Lower Hedge Farm is in a perfect location for relaxing. We would love to have you stay again. Kind regards Tiger and the Woodlands Retreats team.
holiday20...
reading
“Hen Weekend”
Reviewed 7 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We booked Apple Cottage and Lower Hedge Farm for my sisters hen weekend.It was amazing.Both houses are incredible.Furnished to a high standard,equipped with virtually everything we needed to use and in the most beautiful location.We all had such a brilliant time and the activities that we had planned throughout the weekend were faultless.We would all love to go back one day.

9 Mar 2018
Thank you for the great review of Lower Hedge Farm and Apple Cottage. We are really glad you had such a great time and hopefully lots of memories were made. We would love to have you stay with again. Kind Regards, Kerry & The Woodlands Retreats Team
Buzzbee12...
London, United Kingdom
“Wish we were still there...”
Reviewed 30 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

An incredible house in a beautiful location with everything you could need for the perfect weekend getaway. I organised a surprise 30th Party for my friend with the help of Kerry and Ed from Woodlands retreats. They were helpful and friendly throughout the booking process, they made everything easy and were always on hand to help. The house was spotless when we arrived and Ed had even left some welcome treats for us which was a lovely touch. Cannot fault this place and will most definitely be back. Only negative is that we couldn't stay there longer.

Thanks so much for making us a very happy bunch.

3 Nov 2017
Thank you for such a fantastic review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay, we love helping to organise these getaways. We would also love to have you stay with us again. Kind regards, Kerry & The Woodlands Retreats Team.
Emma C
“Lower Hedge Farm”
Reviewed 26 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Beautiful house, lovely location and great service from Woodland Retreats. Would definitely recommend!

3 Nov 2017
Thank you for the great review of Lower Hedge Farm. We are really pleased you had a great time. Kind regards, Kerry & The Woodlands Retreats Team
LLFlack
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Perfect venue for big groups”
Reviewed 7 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We rented lower hedge farm and apple cottage for a hen weekend away. The venue was absolutely perfect, it was as deductive and I t had everything we needed. Ed and the team were fantastic from start to finish - thank you!!

9 Jun 2017
Thank you for the great review. We are always pleased to help guests arrange their stays. We would love to see you again in the future. Kind regards, Kerry & The Woodlands Retreats Team.
tania p
“Absolutely beautiful and perfect property, set in peaceful surroundings!”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Where do I begin with this review! I have so many positives regarding this property and really no negatives.

I booked this up for a weekend for a hen party for 10 of us. We wanted the weekend to be luxurious and relaxing to keep in line with the hen theme and this property definitely fitted the bill.

Once I booked up the weekend the communication was very efficient with the booking team. I had emails setting out all details relevant to the property and booking, I had a reminder in good time to pay the remainder of the balance and Kerry who I liaised the most with was always so helpful over email and phone.
Once I got to the property after a short while I was met by Paul who ran through all the ‘need to knows’ regarding the property and the spa and keys etc. He was very helpful and answered any questions and gave a good run down on what I needed to do.

Once all the girls turned up they absolutely loved this property! Its so spacious, clean and pretty. It is set to a very high standard and we were all very happy to be staying here for the weekend and especially the hen!

There is plenty room for large groups of people we had 10 and never felt on top of each other and I think we could have 2 more at least. For the weekend we had booked various people to come for entertainment i.e. a cocktail/barman and a chef who cooked on the bbq. (a note for the bbq you do need to supply your own charcoal as that isn’t there) and both people had enough room and utensils and to work around the property. The barmen we booked direct ourselves but turns out you can book him through Woodland Retreats and he has done many functions at this place before.

With regards to the kitchen there is an aga which is lovely to have. You are also supplied with basics such as tea, coffee, sugar and on arrival we had some Ciders and shortbread left aswell.

The hot tub outside is truly lovely to sit in surrounded by fields and the country and on a sunny day just so peaceful and relaxing. A few of us went for a walk and even with Pauls directions on a suggested route we did get a little lost (not surprising a group of girls on a hen weekend) but that made it all the more fun. The walks are lovely and it’s nice to go for a wander out and about and see the area – a ‘short’ walk of 30 mins turned in to 2 hours!

We also booked up a timeslot for use of the Spa linked to the property and when I made the booking I was a little vague in how many there would be. I booked it up for 5 but only 4 came and Kerry was helpful in refunding me some money back for this. The Spa is lovely and is a short drive (20mins or so) away from the property. We basically did get exclusive use of the spa and no onelse was there using it apart from us 4 so depending on when you book up you may not be sharing it with anyone. There is a large pool, hot tub and sauna and a relaxation room, with towels, bathrobes and slippers for use. We were happy to pay the fee to use it but it would also be nice that if you have booked to stay at the accommodation the use of the spa would be included in the price so no extra cost.

I really can’t fault this property in any way! I would happily go back and stay here for a relaxing weekend and I am sure some of the other girls would agree.

Thanks for a perfect stay!

1 Jun 2017
I am not sure where to start, what an amazing review. Thank you for taking the time to send this, this is great for us and our future guests to read. We are so pleased you all enjoyed the house and Spa. We would love to have you stay with us again. Kind regards, Kerry & The Woodlands Retreats Team.
Mena R
“Perfect house for a girls weekend away”
Reviewed 12 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I booked this house for a hen weekend with 10 girls. The house is extremely spacious, with a perfect outdoor space to enjoy the wonderful country side.
all of the bedrooms were comfortable and with the number of bathrooms, we never had long to wait for our turn to shower.
The only thing I would say is the ipod dock is out of date so we couldn't plug our phones in for music. The remote was missing so we couldn't connect via bluetooth either.
Additionally, the DVD player also did not work.
Other than that, it was a perfect weekend away in the country.

25 Apr 2017
Many thanks for your review and we are glad that house lived up to expectation and was a great place to celebrate. We're sorry to hear that you couldn't get the iPod dock to work. It's a Bluetooth dock as well and can be operated easily from the main controls on the top of the unit. Apologies that we didn't run through this on your arrival. The DVD player all works but as there are multiple scart lead connections the scart control box does require a button to be pressed to change from Sky TV to DVD. We are always on hand to help during your stay so issues like this can be easily resolved.
We hope to see you back again at some point in the future.
Best regards the Woodlands Retreats team
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing