Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ed H

We were treated like royalty!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Apr 2024
Kicheche Laikipia is an amazing oasis in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy. We were picked up at the air strip by Dickson who would be our guide on game drives during our 3-night stay. Upon our arrival at camp, we were greeted with open and enthusiastic arms by the staff. After a thorough orientation, we were taken to our tent to get settled and refreshed.

The tents are spacious and well appointed. The king bed was firm, but comfortable. The staff did an evening tent spruce up and turn down at which time water bottles were placed under the covers to make the bed warm and cozy. Evening temperatures dipped to the mid-50 degree F., so that was a nice touch. Hot water bottles were also provided on the morning game drives to keep us warm.

Each day started with coffee/tea and cookies delivered to our tent at 5:30am. At 6:00am we started the morning game drive which would last until around 11:30am. Midway through the morning drive, a fabulous picnic breakfast was enjoyed - prepared to your desires which had been expressed to the chef the night before. Then back to camp for a refresh and lunch. Perhaps a little siesta after lunch or a walk around the camp on their 1 km trail. The afternoon game drive began at 4:00pm and was finished off with a sundowner, including our preferred libations. Then back to camp where we enjoyed sharing stories of the day with Raf, the camp manager, and others around the fire pit before dinner at 8:00pm.

We can't say enough good things about Raf, Dickson and the rest of the staff! The food was so delicious and well prepared - way beyond what we expected to have at a remote bush camp. The game drives were fabulous with Dickson as he was able to find so many animals, including cheetah and lions. I am a wildlife photographer and Dickson was well versed in how to position our vehicle for the best shots.

We highly recommend Kicheche Laikipia to anyone and we hope to be back for another awesome experience!
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
Restaurant
Bar/Lounge
9.5 miles from Kicheche Laikipia
View more hotels in Lamuria
All reviews ol pejeta safari experience game drives water hole hot water bottles watering hole three nights family tent northern white rhino guide peter attention to detail herd of elephants wonderful hosts amazing experience the entire staff fresh flowers intimate experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2024

One of the best resorts I've been to. Excellent service, facilities and food. The staff are amazing super friendly. Anita the manager is truly awesome. She enjoys her job. Took care us,just like family. Great sense of humor. Naftaly the assistant manager is also amazing as are the rest of the staff. Truly a memorable experience. Definitely highly recommend.

Room tip: You won't be disappointed. Everything was perfect.
Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2024

Another lovely Kicheche camp! This was the third Kicheche camp I’ve stayed at, and while the core offering is the same, the camp manager, staff and guide all gave it a personality of its own.

Anita is a lovely person and a wonderful camp manager. As a solo traveler, I appreciated being welcomed like an old friend and also looked after during my stay. Her stories of her years working around Africa are fun and her attention to guests’ needs is top notch.

Peter was my guide and he is absolutely a gem. I was lucky to have a few game drives alone with him and learned a lot about his background in guiding and some of his favorite sightings. He also conjured up a bunch of amazing sightings for me, including a hard to find cheetah and an unbelievable encounter with a pride of lions after sunset. He’s an incredibly nice guy and someone guests would be lucky to have as their guide!

The Kicheche tents are impeccably thought out, with in-room charging and electricity, non-bucket showers (yay!) and a lovely view of the large watering hole. The food is incredible, as it is at all Kicheche camps, especially for me as a vegetarian. I never felt like an after-thought or went without an excellent meal.

I so enjoyed my time here and was sad to have to leave.

Ol Pejeta is a beautiful place to visit, and guests really ought to take advantage of a visit to the remaining two northern white rhinos. It is a poignant, but so important, visit.

I will return to Kicheche Laikipia, not if, but when I return to Kenya!

Room tip: Definitely visit the northern white rhinos.
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank amybatt
Reviewed 22 February 2024

Just wrapped up a mesmerizing stay at Kicheche Camp and wow, what an experience! From the scenic drive from Ol Pejeta gate, every moment was a delight. 🌄 The welcome reception set the tone for a stay marked by unparalleled hospitality and warmth. 🤗

My spacious room faced a watering hole, offering a front-row seat to nature's marvels - a true blend with the wilderness. 🦁 The food? Simply delicious, each meal was a culinary journey! 🍴

The highlight? A night game drive revealing the untamed beauty of the savannah under the stars. 🌌 Coupled with exceptional sleep quality in the tranquil embrace of nature, it's the rejuvenation I didn't know I needed. 🛌

Value for money is an understatement for this all-inclusive haven. Personalized service from start to finish made my stay incredibly exclusive. 🌟 One night here, and I'm already planning my return. Kicheche Camp isn't just a stay; it's an unforgettable experience. #KichecheCamp #SafariDream #NatureEscape #TravelLove

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2023

I m not a big traveller but always wanted to do this. We were recommended to kicheche and booked direct. Winnie who leads the booking process is to be commended for her great patience and communication.
The camp itself is led by Anita and Nathalie and all the staff are fantastic. We laughed so much and really enjoyed our 3 nights here. We had Peter as our guide and he was fabulous. The staff work so hard and their customer service is like nothing we had experienced before. We obviously expected the animals but there was so much else to see. The birds were phenomenal and so beautiful. The landscape was superb.
Kicheche have thought of literally everything.individual named Water bottles and endless supply of bottled water. Waterproof ponchos in the truck.
Of the two sites we stayed at the food at this one was outstanding. You order your breakfast the night before and then take it out and have a picnic out on the plains.
We all felt that we had been transported to a different, kinder and more beautiful world.
A couple of tips- it’s not warm!! Equator or not this was cold and we only just had enough clothes. Take a few warm jumpers and waterproof coat.
- don’t take wellies or umbrella as these are all provided.
The pineapple crumble was absolutely amazing here. It’s sociable and a total break.
If anyone is wondering about going here then just go for it. You won’t regret it at all.
Thank you to all the team who organise this camp so well.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2023

My family and I had a wonderful stay. The camp is beautiful, the food was great and nothing was too much trouble. The manager, Anita, was an excellent host, making us feel very welcome. Our guide, Dixon, went to extra mile to help see as much as possible, he even found us an aardvark! There is so much to see in the conservancy, it was a fantastic experience.

Date of stay: October 2023