Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Honest_YES

Good value for money and amazing!

Review of Tewinbury
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Feb 2024
We stayed here for my partners 30th birthday. We had a lake side hit with Al fresco tub (which isn’t a hot tub) I was expecting a hot tub but it is a giant bath! But was lovely! Accomadation is lovely very well done. Cosy. Really good value for money! Would love to return!
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 19 Feb 2024
Dear Honest_YES,

Thank you so much for rating us 5*!

I am delighted to hear that you and your partner had such a wonderful stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
0.7 miles from Tewinbury
Skyline Serviced Apartments - Welwyn
1.8 miles from Tewinbury
View more hotels in Tewin
1,497 results
All reviews tewin bury farm wedding venue wonderful wedding afternoon tea beautiful venue lovely surroundings hot tub the barn wedding breakfast lovely room welwyn garden city overnight stay a lovely stay waiting staff following morning plenty of parking evening meal
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2024

When booking an overnight stay for my husband's birthday I specifically requested a quiet room. We were disturbed 3 times by the fire alarm sounding, twice we were asleep. When I spoke to the receptionist after the 2nd alarm I was told it was the steam from the dishwasher that triggers it and was a known issue. Despite this we were woken again by the alarm the following morning. On checking out I was told the manager would phone me the following day. Four days later I received an email which suggested they take the safety of their guests as a priority - they clearly don't take the comfort of their guests seriously. An appalling service with outrageous comments in the email. After responding to the email and requesting the manager contact me again, I am still waiting to hear anything another 4 days later. I do not recommend this hotel as the management is poor and the lack of consideration for their guests comfort is unacceptable.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Salem Retibi, Guest Services / Front Office at Tewinbury, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2024

Dear The-hill-family-hols,

Thank you for taking the time for sharing a review.

Your request for a quiet room was recorded on your booking and our reception team allocated you one of the quietest room within the hotel.

The fire alarm was triggered within an area of one of our kitchen's just after 6pm and again shortly after. This is not a repetitive or know issue. As explained by our Manager on duty at the time that although the alarm had been triggered no fire was thankfully found. I understand that you again spoke with one our managers the day after your stay and received an email shortly after.

We of course take both our guests comfort and their safety very seriously and apologise for any disturbance and inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 18 February 2024

Wedding venue was amazing for our friends, but as we had time to hang around, the breakfast, chilling with amazing cocktails in the piano bar and the beautiful surroundings were all a treat! Imagine this is a great place to visit for a day, but if you can stay and sample the different eateries and farm shop, I recommend it.

Dear Spaced55,

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2024

We stayed at Tewinbury by accident due to an error by Booking.com with our reservation at their sister hotel, The View.
The staff in both hotels could not have been more helpful and friendly in accommodating us at the last minute.
The accommodation itself is superb - chalet style rather than a conventional hotel, with everything you could want and so comfortable! A few luxury touches such as nice toiletries, a Nespresso machine and a bottle of fresh milk in the fridge were lovely!
We ate at The Cowshed - very reasonably priced set menu (£26 for 2 courses), and all meat is either from the farm itself or locally sourced.
There are other restaurants on site, and a lovely little farm shop selling artisan breads, meat and handmade produce (sausage rolls were fab!)
Although it would be normally outside of our price range for the type of stay we need (weekly overnight for business), I would highly recommend Tewinbury if you want something a little bit special.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear HGDT_9034,

I am delighted to hear that your "accidental" stay was a very enjoyable one.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2024

We went here for Sunday lunch in the Granary restaurant and it was absolutely delicious, the staff were lovely and the desserts were really wonderful. Cannot fault the food here and I can't wait to go back and try out the Cowshed, well worth a visit.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Salem Retibi, Guest Services / Front Office at Tewinbury, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2024

Dear Flyer10975149329,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch in our Granary.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2024

A lovely hotel for an overnight break away from the hum drum of home. Great place in the country, lovely wholesome food and friendly service from the staff. Would strongly recommend the hotel, the food and its staff

Date of stay: January 2024

Dear Pofford40,

Thank you so much for rating us 5*.

I hope you will visit us again soon.