“An unforgettable life experience”

Pousada Caminho da Mata
Astoria, NY
“An unforgettable life experience”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

My girlfriend took me to Pousada Caminho da Mata in Sao Bento do Sapucai in October 2012. I can't express in words how much I loved this place. The owners welcomed me with open arms. They are a lot of fun, sweet and caring. Ask Deborah to make you a caipirinha. The national drink of Brasil. I tried the best Cacacha of my life at the Pousada. It was an artisinal cachaca from a small town near Sao Bento called Goncalves. The owners noticed that I liked it and they sent someone to go buy me 2 bottles! It was the best souvenir from my trip to Brasil.

When you are there you MUST try Wesley's CHURRASCO! (BBQ). I traveled all over the state of Sao Paulo, Minas Gerais, and Rio, and Wesley's barbecue was the best that I had in Brasil and in my life! He grilled top quality "Picanha" (Sirloin) with butter and salt, Linguica de Porco (Pork Sausage), and chicken hearts (Miguel's favorite). All served with cold beer overlooking the most amazing view in Brasil.

We also did other unforgettable activities like attend a "Festa do Chop" (Beer Festival), Restaurante de Pedra do Bau (delicious!) and swimming in a nearby waterfall.

I bonded with everyone at the Pousada and I will never forget the people I met there for as long as I live. I cannot wait for the day I return. I hope I will be so lucky.
Thank you Deborah and Wesley for an unforgettable experience of my life.

Grande Abracos!
Michael Reale

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike_in_Queens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Travellers also viewed these Sao Bento do Sapucai hotels
#1 of 37 in Sao Bento do Sapucai
Casa Estrelada
Casa Estrelada
#13 of 16 in Sao Bento do Sapucai

Been to Pousada Caminho da Mata? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pousada Caminho da Mata

Property: Pousada Caminho da Mata
Address: Estrada Municipal Durvalina Ribeiro Da Silva, Sao Bento do Sapucai, State of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Region: Brazil > State of Sao Paulo > Sao Bento do Sapucai
Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 16 B&Bs / Inns in Sao Bento do Sapucai
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Pousada Caminho da Mata 2.5*
Pousada Caminho da Mata offer 4 rooms with king size beds, hot tub for 2 people, fridge, TV 32" full HD, fireplace, private parking and a balcony with a great view of de Bau Rock. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Pousada Caminho da Mata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.