“Private Northern lights tour. VIP. - Amazing Snow Shoeing Experience!!”
Review of North Trek

North Trek
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Ruka
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Northtrek is specializing in guided activities, outdoors in the wilderness all year around. Small group sizes are our preference 2 to 10 for example, Private groups, VIPs, families, companies etc. Tours are possible from 2 hrs up to week long packages. We are based in Kuusamo, Ruka, Lapland area. Our activities are eco friendly. Welcome!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 February 2016

My partner and I travelled to Ruka on Jan 24th 2016, it was set to be a magical trip, as this is where i would propose to her. I wanted to make the proposal a once in a life time experience and this is where I found Chris White from North Trek.

Chris was very helpful in advising me on the area and different trips he offered. I ended up doing a private guided snow shoeing experience through the magical Narnia forest to the top of Pyhävaara. At the top I'd arranged with Chris to have a fire, candles, sausages, champagne and candles to make the proposal even more special. I have to say Chris was very accommodating, he even added in hot chocolate and cakes.

The whole experience from start to finish was amazing, magical, and exceeded my expectations. It was made even more special when my partner said yes.

I would just like to say a massive thank you to Chris, as his communication before the trip was amazing. He put my mind at ease, and the trip went so smoothly. He was very professional, and patient, and I couldn't of hoped for a better guide.

If your going to Ruka I definitely recommend using Chris, we will be back next year, and are already planning our next trip with him.

Thanks again Chris x

Date of experience: January 2016
3  Thank Vincent_Clark
Christopher W, Owner at North Trek, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Thank you. So pleased that she said the big Yes! Really there wasn´t a choice in those surroundings and atmosphere was there? you really gave it 150% for your loved one. Possibly a Honeymoon in Ruka? ;)

Love to you both!