Review Highlights
Personal tour

Booked a full Finland experience via another company. Robin was our guide and personally provided... read more

Reviewed 26 February 2018
donnysoutherner
Sheffield, United Kingdom
via mobile
Brilliant!

We visited Finland for a few days and North Trek organised all our activities (snow shoe walking... read more

Reviewed 26 February 2018
Michelle N
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 March 2016

My father and I spent one week in the wilderness of north Finland guided by Chris White between Hautajärvi and Salla. Chris is a very knowledgeable, friendly and experienced guide. We designed the tour together, he provided excellent quality pulks and snowshoes, the food his friend Mark prepared for us was excellent, the navigation in the wilderness was perfect and the Kotas & Cabins for the night were ideally located. I strongly recommend Chris if you want to design your own tour. And it was fun!

Date of experience: March 2016
Christopher W, Owner at North Trek, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

It was a certainly a wonderful memorable tour. How can we ever forget the amazing sunset and the snow crowned trees of Ruuhitunturi, Salla. And the day you took over my forest kitchen! ;) Hah Hah.
Greetings
Chris

Reviewed 2 February 2016

My partner and I travelled to Ruka on Jan 24th 2016, it was set to be a magical trip, as this is where i would propose to her. I wanted to make the proposal a once in a life time experience and this is where I found Chris White from North Trek.

Chris was very helpful in advising me on the area and different trips he offered. I ended up doing a private guided snow shoeing experience through the magical Narnia forest to the top of Pyhävaara. At the top I'd arranged with Chris to have a fire, candles, sausages, champagne and candles to make the proposal even more special. I have to say Chris was very accommodating, he even added in hot chocolate and cakes.

The whole experience from start to finish was amazing, magical, and exceeded my expectations. It was made even more special when my partner said yes.

I would just like to say a massive thank you to Chris, as his communication before the trip was amazing. He put my mind at ease, and the trip went so smoothly. He was very professional, and patient, and I couldn't of hoped for a better guide.

If your going to Ruka I definitely recommend using Chris, we will be back next year, and are already planning our next trip with him.

Thanks again Chris x

Date of experience: January 2016
3  Thank Vincent_Clark

Thank you. So pleased that she said the big Yes! Really there wasn´t a choice in those surroundings and atmosphere was there? you really gave it 150% for your loved one. Possibly a Honeymoon in Ruka? ;)

Love to you both!