Just got back to London after 7 days of complete luxury at Raffles Praslin and all the family (including my 12 and 16 year old kids) agreed this was the best holiday we have experienced, and we've stayed at some luxury resorts around the world over the years. Everyone's idea of the perfect holiday will differ, however I have to disagree with many of the points raised in the previous review as we were there at the same time and did not experience any of the issues they raised. With any new hotel, particularly on a tropical island where there are lots of unique challenges, it takes time to achieve perfection and the resort will only get better through time. For me the resort is well on its way to perfection and already has the vital ingredients, as follows:
Location - there are few places in the world as beautiful as the Praslin and the topography of the resort allowed us to enjoy breathtaking views of Curieuse island and the National Marine Park directly from our villa and hotel buildings, particularly the arrival hall and Takamaka Terrace.
Staff and Service - nothing was too much trouble for the staff, at all levels from senior management to villa cleaning staff, and they all went that extra mile to ensure we were enjoying our holiday and felt special. Each member of staff had their own unique personality and they always had smiles on their faces. The personal butler service for each villa was an added luxury as they would take care of your every need.
Restaurants - the food was of the highest quality, at breakfast, lunch and particularly dinner where the freshly caught fish was as good as I've tasted anywhere. My son has a gluten free allergy but there was no shortage of options for him, either on the menu or specially prepared by the chef.
Villas - were spacious, luxurious, private and we particularly liked the large terrace with plunge pool where we would spend time together as a family either sunbathing, cooling off in the pool, in villa dining in the evening, listening to music, playing cards/dominos or on the computer (had free wi-fi) and my daughter is studying for exams so the tranquility was perfect for her. We also loved the outdoor showers.
Beach - the beach is completely natural and this is exactly what I liked about it as it was much more interesting to explore. It had powder white sand, unusually shaped granite boulders, a variety of trees with natural shade, coral and shells washed up by the waves. The water was crystal clear and one of the shallow bays was ideal for small kids to swim and snorkel.
Spa - my wife and daughter had facials, while I had an aromatherapy massage. All were excellent and would recommend trying the outdoor spa pavilions as you can hear the waves on the beach.
Landscaping - this will take time to mature, however you could visibly see the commitment to planting throughout the resort and we also participated in the Earth Day tree planting along with other guests and staff including the General Manager of the hotel.
We were sad to leave the resort, particularly when the staff came to wave goodbye on departure, and we will definitely be coming back again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Raffles Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Seychelles Praslin Island