I travel for business three weeks of the month and so have had the opportunity to stay in some of the best hotels in the world. Whilst we look for something a bit different in our leisure time, five star standards are still a must and this resort didn't disappoint. The villas were magnificent and pristine. Of course the resort is new so the condition of the rooms should reflect that but everything has been built to the highest specs from the marble bathrooms, the wooden floors the high tec room controls and the superb plung pool with panoramic views. Ah yes, the views, sumptuous looking out to the island of curieuse and the beautiful blue waters in between. The butler service ( which comes with each villa) was attentive whilst not intrusive. The staff were all friendly and the service was prompt (rare for Seychelles). The resort had two restaurants and the food was equally good in both. The spa offered an array of treatments (my wife tried out a variety of treatments and raved about them afterwards) whilst the gym area was wonderfully equipped. There is a huge double pool with amble sun beds. The beach is also stunning although perhaps a bit small for the resort if occupancy is high. We had an amazing time. It wasn't cheap but we didn't expect it would be. The one thing that might dissappoint people is that the structure from the outside doesn't blend in too well with the surrounding area. Part of this is because the development is new and the vegetation has not fully grown yet but it is also fair to say that even in two years it will still stick out somewhat compared to the traditional resort build on the island. This didn't detract from our stay though. We've stayed at several Raffles resorts and i would say that this is the best so far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Fairmont Hotels, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Raffles Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Seychelles Praslin Island