We spent nine nights at Raffles, to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary just before Christmas, and could not have asked for a better experience. The staff, at every level, were excellent, friendly and helpful. We were upgraded from an Ocean View Villa to a Panoramic Villa (195) with wonderful views and complete privacy. Due to preparations for Christmas, we didn't have full access to all the bars and restaurants in the resort, but the Curieuse restaurant and pool bar provided ample and varied meals. We had a couple of minor issues in the first few days but the staff responded well and it was obvious that any concerns were treated with courtesy and immediate responsiveness.
On our anniversary, we decided to have the in villa dining experience - we didn't like the menu offered, but Piason, who oversees events, met with us and helped us choose something more to our taste. It ended up being a beautiful evening (even the rain stayed away), with flowers strewn on the floor and table, candlelight, the bath set with more flower petals and salts, and a half bottle of champagne.
The resort amenities are excellent - large pool area, beach just beyond, with good recreational activities (snorkeling, kayaks etc.), and plenty of staff around; buggies to take you to and from your villas (the resort is on a very steep hill). But what makes Raffles remarkable, in our experience, is the quality of the staff. Many five star hotels profess provision of top quality service but what we experienced at Raffles Praslin exceeded all our expectations. It felt much more like family than a service environment.
I have slightly marked down on value for money - only because there is a 10% service charge on everything and then a 10% service charge on the final bill. That felt a little bit like double charging - the only negative we can come up with!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From across the continents of Europe and Asia, the legend of Raffles now extends to the enchanting islands of the Seychelles, cradled at the heart of the Indian Ocean. Raffles Praslin Seychelles presents an all-villa Seychelles luxury resort nestled within the stunning island of Praslin that was once declared the rediscovered Garden of Eden. This Seychelles hotel seeks to present guests with an escape where warm native Seychellois hospitality is infused with the enchanting touch of Raffles. Surrender to the sun-kissed allure of Anse Takamaka’s powdered sands, on to which spill the eighty-six spacious villas fashioned to assure lavish comfort. These private abodes offer a choice of whispering, opal-hued oceans and lush green hills. Be immersed in the relaxing therapies of the exclusive Raffles Spa, which coupled with the soothing embrace of unsullied nature, rejuvenate both body and spirit. Taste the distinguished flavours of the breezy Curieuse Seafood Restaurant, the local cuisine and Mediterranean delights of Losean or the light comfort food by the Pool Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Raffles Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Praslin Hotel Anse Takamaka
- Raffles Seychelles Praslin Island