I have stayed in this hotel twice and would go back again and again.
The location is picturesque, the staff are excellent, the conference centre is wonderful,there are good opportunities for fitness activities and it is close to good shopping and the trains at Sylvia Park.
Each time I have had a room with a view over the lagoon. Each time I cannot fault the service at reception and in the restaurant - courteous and efficient.
We stayed as a family though I was actually at a conference for three of the days.The conference facilities are good and well-organised, with good technical support and excellent food choices for teas and lunches.Good space for trade displays.
The rooms are spacious, quiet, uncluttered and clean.Nice to have the little safe in the wardrobe.
The restaurant has good views over the lagoon ( nicest when the tide is in). Extensive choices for breakfast, all so yummy!
We walked the short distance to Sylvia park to catch a train into Britomart which is very convenient to the ferries and the bus exchange. Three types of transport within a few yards of each other, wow!
At the hotel we used the swimming pool, gym and went jogging around the lagoon. The latter is a great way to start the day!
My only disappointment was the very limited free internet. It did however keep our son in check (true computer nerd).
My latest stay was on my own for a conference.( I was happy to find a ATM for those conference-special purchases!) It was a great little get-away, Time to relax and enjoy the comfort of the hotel but also so handy to kickstart your day running round the lagoon. The swimming pool and spa were just what I needed at the end of the day, bliss!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waipuna Hotel and Conference Centre is one of New Zealand's largest and most comprehensive Auckland conference centres and hotel accommodation venue. Primarily dedicated to staging conferences, meetings, exhibitions, product launches, seminars and special events. We are just 15 minutes from both Auckland City and Auckland's International Airport. Waipuna is set amongst 6.26 acres of parkland overlooking a picturesque saltwater lagoon. Our prestigious 4-star hotel accommodation and superb guest facilities, include 450 free off-street car parks, internet, restaurant and bar options, and a swimming pool, spa and gymnasium for your use. We have 148 spacious hotel accommodation options ranging from Bureau rooms to Presidential suites perfect for families, holiday makers, corporate traveller, or romantic weekend getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waipuna Hotel And Conference Centre
- Waipuna Lodge
- Waipuna Hotel Auckland
- Waipuna Hotel & Conference Centre Auckland/Mount Wellington, New Zealand