“Yet again a great stay in Cueva Peralta.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Cueva Peralta

River Castril close to cave
Gorge Walk Castril
Waterfalls Pozo Alcon
Lake Bolera
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
John F
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Yet again a great stay in Cueva Peralta.”
Reviewed 6 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

I wrote in Bob's book last year (2017) that it was our umpteenth time of staying in Cueva Peralta, so I'm not sure what that makes this stay! Every time there seems to be something new to surprise us - Bob I don't know how you do it but you seem to find a way to improve on the un-improvable!
It was lovely to see you again, and thank you for the warm welcome and for making our visit such a pleasure. The only downside was that the four days that we were in Cortes this time were nothing like enough! We hope to rectify that in November though.
It was good to sit in the street eating free tapas and watching the world go by, good to visit the picnic spot beyond Castillejar, great to say hola to Emilio at Los Carriones, and really nice to spend an evening in the village with Bob, visiting Rosa's bar - where else would the hostess rush off to see her grandchild and leave us to help ourselves from the fridge - and doing another 'tapas crawl' as we fondly call it.
I know I've said it before, but Cueva Peralta really is home from home, and Bob is the perfect host - there if you need him (he lives next door) but otherwise unobtrusive.
We'll be back!

12 Jul 2018
Dear John and Rosie, it was magical having you back as guests and now friends, for your unpteenth visit. Thank you for your glowing review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cueva Peralta in November. Best Regards Bob
gaynorhal...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

An amazing place to stay. Everything you needed was there. Bob is a fantastic host. 10 minutes walk into the traditional Spanish village. A fantastic place to relax and amazing places to see. Looking at booking again for October.

29 Jun 2018
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Cueva Peralta, and thank you for your wonderful review. I hope that I can welcome you back later in the year
JandTPoin...
Broughton in Furness, United Kingdom
“lovely cave”
Reviewed 29 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

a great cave house in a perfect location for exploring the surrounding areas.
bob was a brilliant host, even went out of his way to show us around the village when we first arrived.
the cave was clean, comfortable and well equipped.
a short walk into the village where there is a small supermarket that has anything that you would need.
there are a few bars, all of which are very friendly.

3 May 2018
Thank you for your wonderful review, I hope that I can welcome you back to Cueva Peralta in the near future. Best Regards Bob
Andrew G
Tring, United Kingdom
“Relaxing and well Equipped Cave”
Reviewed 12 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

The Cave is an amazing size yet has a cosy feel, with a great wood burner. There is a spacious and well fitted question and tons of evening entertainment with umpteen TV options including catch ups of classics from the last century! as well as modern and a a trove of books.
The local village is a friendly place and there are countless beautiful views riverside walks and lots of local sights to see. A car would be essential.

Bob the owner who lives next door is agreat host and totally committed to making your stay the best.

Your age range 50-64
14 Apr 2018
Thank you for your glowing review, I wish that the weather had been better, I hope that you can visit this area again and that I can welcome you back to Cueva Peralta. Best regards Bob
jilly5430
“Beautiful well equipped cave, perfect for a relaxing holiday”
Reviewed 2 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

The property is very well eqipped with everything you need from a bottle opener to a BBQ! It feels like a home rather than a holiday rental. There are lovely walks near by and a friendly village a 10 minute walk away where you are given free tapas with every drink. We certainly hope to return but next time for longer so that we can enjoy the hot tub. Bob is a great host, always on hand if needed but not intrusive. Well recommended!

4 Apr 2018
Thank you so much for the great review, I enjoyed having you both as neighbours and hope that I can welcome you back to Cueva Peralta in the near future. Best Regards Bob
Han090798
London, United Kingdom
“Total Relax in a lovely dog friendly cave house with beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed 27 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

The Cave house is on the edge of a lovely and friendly Spanish Village, with beautiful scenery and walks. Walk one way from the house to the lovely village and friendly bars, walk the other to the countryside or along the beautiful flowing river.
We just had a relaxing short break (with our two dogs) away from busy day to day life, and even the rare bad weather did not stop us enjoying every moment (and even using the hut tub).
Bob the owner was extremely helpful, but not intrusive, and even took us round the village to show us where everything was.

29 Mar 2018
Thank you both for your wonderful review, I know that the weather was not up to much! I would like to welcome you back in the near future when the weather will be hopefully better. Best regards Bob
Dolly1127
Region of Murcia, Spain
“Lovely relaxing break”
Reviewed 12 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

What an amazing & relaxing break at the cave. Lovely country walks, village bars, interesting places to visit and a lovely log fire to keep you warm & cosy on a winters night. So enjoyable.

14 Feb 2018
Thank you so much for your lovely review, I know that I will see lots more of you both over the summer. Best Regards Bob
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing