A Stone Wall Inn
Grafton Inn(Grafton)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$164
Travelocity
Black Bear Lodge(Stratton Mountain)
US$158
Hotels.com
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$194
Hotels.com
Castle Hill Resort And Spa(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$64
Timber Inn Motel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$88
Magic View Motel(Londonderry)
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Spent the weekend in Vermont at the Stone Wall Inn. Great experience. The Inn is very unique and funky - lots of fun to explore the different buildings and grounds. Nicely decorated and the staff is very welcome and inviting. The sauna & hot tub were nice to warm up in after a hike in the chilly fall air. Breakfast was delicious - homemade bake goods & locally produced yogurt! Was filled with mostly young couples on weekend retreats.

Lots of fun things to do in the area - we recommend a hike up bald mountain in Townshend State park!

A few things to consider when booking: The pillows are very high - if you like a lower pillow bring your own. We stayed in the corner house which is separate from the main house. It is designed to be similar to an "adult treehouse", very cool. The floors are thin but our fellow guests were quite so it didn't bother us. Our room (the garden room) had a shared bathroom with another room - but it was secluded from the rest of the building so I never felt "exposed" coming from the shower to our room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My friend and I stayed at A Stone Wall Inn for a weekend and it was amazing!! The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable. The architecture was beautiful and extremely creative. It was the perfect weekend getaway. I definitely recommend getting up for the homemade breakfast, which was delicious! I was also able to bring my dog which was a huge plus for me! We are definitely staying at A Stone Wall Inn whenever we are in Vermont again.

Room Tip: Each of the rooms are very unique and have there own charm. We stayed in the Stargazer room which was wonderful but we think we will pick a different room next time to see what each room has to offer.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The architecture and setting for this Inn are truly spectacular. We enjoyed the room, the deck, the gardens and the hospitality. It was such a lovely stay we hated to leave. The breakfast muffins were incredible. My husband never eats muffins and he loved them! It was delightful to take a morning walk around the pond and gardens; so peaceful. The owner and staff have done wonderful things with this property and they seem to keep doing more. It is definitely worth a visit; next time I hope to stay longer.

Room Tip: The whole place seemed quiet and I am sure all of the rooms are very nice. Some rooms had more stairs to climb than others so I would let the management know if you have trouble with stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

A Stone Wall Inn is a beautiful, well furnished, cozy inn set in Windham Vermont. The seclusion and wonderful views from our private terrace was what really set this place over the top. We went to escape the noise and the heat of The Bronx and that is exactly what we found. We got peace and quiet on top of a temperate, almost chilly, atmosphere. We stayed in the Pond View room and it was the best decision we could have made. It was cozy and the loft bed was wonderful. Breakfast in the morning is always a good choice and filled us up. The Inn Keeper is very ncie and will cater to your every need to the best of his ability. This trip was an all around great idea and we cant wait to go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Loved this inn! The architecture and grounds were BEAUTIFUL. The owner and staff were hospitable and friendly. Our shower never seemed to work properly- I would have liked it to have been better maintained, as we did pay extra for the jacuzzi room.

Room Tip: We loved the Outlook room and had PERFECT star-gazing opportunities both from our bed, through the window, as well as on our personal balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sean L, General Manager at A Stone Wall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review and let us know where we can improve.

I apologize that the shower caused you issues. We do adhere to a maintenance schedule, however some issues do not manifest themselves until guests are in the room. I do wish you would have told me about the issue while you were here. As I mentioned to you, and to every guest at check in, I live at the inn, and I am always available to assist with issues. Not to mention, the owner is also the architect, who has literally assisted with the construction of each and every space on the property, and is available to assist in maintenance problems at the property. We also have a master carpenter/plumber/electrician who is on property 4 days a week, and on call at other times, who was more than capable of fixing this situation.

While I do wish you had come to me so we could fix the issue quickly, the next guest to check into the room notified us of the problem and we had the showerhead replaced within an hour of being notified.

Again, thank you for your candid remarks, and we hope to see you again when you visit Vermont.