Casa Nemo Beach Resort and SPA
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerpizzapulau wehplace to staybeach barmosquito netfishbeautiful beachsea viewjavanese massagecheese cakebeach frontbackpacker rooman amazing viewhammock on the balconywestern toiletcurry
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Since we had not booked in advance, we were rather grateful to find a vacancy for only 2 nights when we freshly arrived from the boat after the exhilarating tuk-tuk ride. The sea was nice and blue though agitated, there was a little bit of sand despite the tide and the night enchanting with the full moon. It could be paradise but it is not.
One cannot possibly be on the beach full day and the snorkeling over the so called house reef was not that easy after all due to the currents... Because of the ongoing renovation/construction noise full day we could hear from our room but also the restaurant (no inconvenience regretted!) disgracefully old bathroom tiles with plain moldy curtains, uncomfortable chairs on the terrace (where did the nice armchairs from the pictures go?), unusable plastic hammock (where did the comfy hammock from the pictures go?), no decoration effort in the country of beautiful batik, inedible over-spicy food, no possibility to swap rooms because it was full, 2 nights finally were more than enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CeciliaDidier
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a very nice time staying at Casa Nemo. The food was delicious and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We would definitely go back!

The hotel offered to set up a variety of activities for us including offsite snorkeling, motorbike rentals. Their is nice snorkeling right off the beach.

Room Tip: Cottages at the top of the hill are older and a little bigger with better views of the sunrise and a little more privacy. The cottages closer to the water are newer but a little smaller with outdoor bathrooms that are very nice closer to the shared areas, like breakfast, the patio, the outdoor shower for swimmers.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank J V
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I just finish my vacation and i can said that casanemo is the best. The room was clean (i used to stayed at beach front bungalow), the beach was excellent and the stafs (FJ n Rizal) was very friendly n helpfull.

It's worth every penny!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Irta O
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I arrived at this place in April, at the end of my travels to Sumatra and I wished I would have had the time to spend a lot more days at this peaceful friendly almost paradisiacal place.The bungalows were spacious and furnished with the loving attention to detail. For the first time on my trip I enjoyed a hot water shower and I even had a bath tub. In the morning you get up, stand on the balcony and enjoy the view of turquois sea, see cargo ships on their way to Singapur, and when your lucky, a group of dolphins near the horizon. The staff is very friendly and always helpful, FJ and Izzy can organize boat tours and everything else (I did a snorkeling trip to the Sea Garden and after that we watched an amazing sunset on the sea). The food is delicious as well, especially the fish dishes. You can dine at the restaurant or at the atmospheric beach bar right above Sumur Tiga Beach (maybe the best beach on Pulau Weh). The owners Luca and Balqis are so nice and hearty, that you immediately feel at home. They provied you with a lot of information about the island. They also organize bonfires at the beach in the evenings. It didn´t escape me, that they put a lot of work and effort in this place to make what it is today – a heavenly retreat, where you can easily lose every sense of time. Thank you all for making my stay something inimitable and unforgettable...
I`ll be back :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Dominik R
Reviewed 22 May 2014

It all started in February. Booking was easy and to be in touch with the owner, Balqis made everything a breeze.

A family owned true boutique hillside island resort tucked away on Sumur Tiga beach of white sand and great water.

When I expressed that I wanted to propose to my now fiancé, there was just a couple of emails and whatsapps that resulted in near perfection. The whole works, fresh seafood and authentic Italian cuisine on a deck above the beach while a proposal set up tucked away on the beach beneath us. Enough said.

Food, beverage, service, chalets and staff get a perfect 5.

I will have to name also FJ and Isko personally who treated and welcomed us to their little paradise with nothing less than great company and attention to detail. The owners Balqis and her Mr were just the most humble, nature loving and personable people.

This property just makes Weh just so special.

Thanks Casa Nemo.