Ascot Epsom Motel
US$97
US$91
US$76
US$73
Auckland Newmarket Motel(Auckland Central)
US$79
  • Restaurant
Siesta Motel(Remuera)
US$79
US$53
Dilworth Motel(Auckland Central)
US$100
All reviewsshort stayepsom motelwalking distancenewmarketsupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My partner and I chose this motel for three reasons. 1. Proximity to Auckland hospital where I was scheduled for a cardiac proceedure. 2.The photo's and description advertising the complex looked great on the internet. 3.The price seemed reasonable.
The only reason that ticked the box was it's proximity to the hospital...the place was unkempt..smelt terrible and had a number of broken fixtures that made our stay unplesant to say the least. Just about every light fitting was dicey...you actually had to fiddle with bulbs to make them work! The fridge was a 1950's model that rattled and hummed all day and night to the point where we had to turn it off to hear the television properly and to be able to sleep. Also, since when is it just too much extra expense to provide two bedside lamps instead of just the one ( that you still had to keep juggling the bulb to make work)...?
Overall one of the worst motels we have ever stayed in...not recomended.

Room Tip: If you do stay there try and ask for a room where boy racers dont park next door...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

I have actually stayed here a dozen times and have always gone back. The staff ate helpful. On another occasion I actually fell ill and had to leave before checkout, I had not paid for the room. The staff were so understanding and of course I paid wen I returned a week later. Of course I was given the benefit of the doubt because I was a frequent customer, so as a result I have always returned back. I spent my final two nights there and give this place two thumbs up

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I paid $79 and there was no internet nor breakfast. The room I was in was right next to the motorway and was very noisy. I also noticed that the security on the door was terrible. The only good thing that this motel has going for it is the location.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Tim R
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I didnt even stay the night, the rooms were in poor condition, dirty stained carpets, curtains didnt even have enough hooks, very basic amenities. I travel on a regular basis and this was the worst motel I have been in for the past couple of years. The room had a terrible smell of old wet carpet, the only positive I will give is the person on front desk did his best efforts to offer me a better room, but it didnt meet what I would consider the basic standards for myself who travels and stays in motels around NZ 8-10 days per month.
The company I work for did the booking, they wont be making that mistake again! Much better motel 3 doors down the road.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank nzgirl65
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This is a budget motel and I was very pleased, in fact it well surpassed my expectations.

Clean and tidy. On arrival I did the usual "hotel inspector" check. Bed was clean, shower was immaculate. Everything I needed was there, liked the comfy chair and little table in the room.

The décor is a bit dated but I see they have put new lights in and made the best of what was there. Only issues were there was a nosiy pipe somewhere in the plumbing but the neighbour used this at about 9pm then nothing more. There are trains near the property so there is the rumble of them passing - not a big deal for me but if noise sensitive bear this in mind.

Also a highlight is the closeness of the Newmarket shops , a nice stroll for getting dinner and getting to a supermarket (in the 277 Mall).

Overall a very pleasant stay in a comfortable clean environment with helpful staff I recommend this place as a value for money option.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo